Monday, February 28, 2005

Nonesuch # 14

I played D&D this past weekend. It had been a long time since the group had got together and played. It was just what I needed, a break away from the things in "regular life". I was thinking on the ride home, I have played D&D since 1979 or maybe 1980, which means I have played D&D 25 or so years of my life. I dont know of anything I have done consistently over my lifetime longer than D&D, well, maybe my education. I think about how my life would be different if I had not played D&D. I would not have most of my close friends I have today, I would not have ever found out about LARP and become involved with that. I may not have done the majors in college that I did (religious and Classical Greece studies. I don't think I would even be a librarian if not for D&D. I read more, did more math, hung out with cool people that fostered great relationships with folks for close to 18 years. It dont get any better than that.

No comments: