Monday, February 27, 2006

Nonesuch #115 - Fare thee well






Many years ago, one of my closest friends, Scott, and I went to a beach festival at Morehead City, NC(I think). His brother had won tickets and gave them to us. We traveled down, got to the hotel, checked in and was getting ready to go down to the beach when we realized a 6 hours of the Andy Griffith show came on TBS. Needless to say we watched about half of the marathon before heading to the beach festival.

I watch A Christmas Story every year while wrapping presents to put under the tree. It truly is one of, if not, the best christmas movie out there.


Fare thee well to both of these outstanding men who just happened to be actors. Thank you both for making my life a little brighter all these years.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

So I see I am not the only one who has been trapped by the television while on vacation!

Im so sad..I didnt know that Don had died. Im a little out of touch with the news.

Thanks again for your comments on my post..I do appreciate them!

Jonathan said...

It WAS the Andy Griffith Show...you just cannot go wrong with that one, well, once Barney left the show and of course when Andy left, it was never quite the same.