Thursday, June 07, 2012

you will be missed little one

My oldest cat died 2 weeks ago. I am not sure when she died as I was out of town vacationing in Savannah. My other cat, her daughter, was yelling before I was even in the house. I knew something was up.

I put out their favorite food and while Lola ate, Martha did not come out. I started to search and finally found her behind my stove. She was 18 and a half, so a good long kitty life. But I feel guilt because I was not there when she died. I know cats go off and hide when they are dieing so even if I was in town she may have waited till I was asleep or at work to go behind the stove.

I will never know for sure.

I buried in the backyard, set bricks and stones on top of her grave so animals could not dig her up. The guys that mow my yard did not move the rocks when they mowed the other day. I was happy to see that.



still angry
still aging

No comments: