Sunday, January 13, 2013

It has been about two weeks since I selected my 3 words for 2013 and so far I have done one of the three very well and the other two not so much.

Motivate: I have been exercising of some type almost everyday. I did rested on Friday in preparation of a hike at Morrow Mountain State Park I was going to take on Saturday. I rested again today as I think I hiked 4 miles too much. I was sore for the rest yesterday and could not settle down last night to get good rest. That was the opposite of what I thought would happen. I was expecting a good night's sleep. I also did not do any exercising today as I work today. The soreness is mostly gone and I did not want it to come back while at work.

Start/Create: While on my hike I took a good number of photographs. Here is the link to the ones I posted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suchnone/sets/72157632501319701/

I was really lucky to come upon a Great Blue Heron on one of the trails. (image is below)He had something in its mouth but I could not tell what it was till I zoomed in on my computer and saw it is a frog. And a good sized one at that. I am planning to go back there at least once a month. I really want to see what the trails look like in the Spring and Fall. There are about 40 miles total of trails. I would like to hike all the trails but not quite ready to make that a goal for this year. The longest trails are in the 9 mile range and I am not sure if I would be able to do that many miles in one day at this time.

Morrow Mountain January 2013 010

Organizing: I have done a little but have so much more to do. I am hesitant to post pictures of the mess I have accumulated as it is a bit embarrassing. I have thought if more people see it I will be more likely to do something about it.

Other: I read a good number of books last year, 25 in total. I have set 30 books for this year. So far, I have finished one, Watchmen and are working on two others: Game of Thrones and Dropping Ashes on the Buddha. Also have been catching up on Dr. Who episodes. I started at Series 1 from 2005 and have been watching an average of one episode an day. I am on the last disc of Series 3 but I do not have Series 4 so have slowed down watching them. Hopefully I will get Series 4 soon.

No comments: