Friday, November 10, 2006

Nonesuch #224

Friday
It is almost 80 degrees here. Indian Summer is in effect. It will not last long. Sunday will see the mid 50s again. I sound like a weatherman. I wanted to do that briefly when I was a freshman in high school and to get people to like me I said that Greg Fishel, local weather reporter at wral was my cousin. Yeah, I was a little strange back then and not much has changed. I guess I just wanted attention but who doesnt want attention as a teenager.
Put together most of my new computer today. All I have left to do is add the memory, video cards and the hard drive and should be good to go. Until it starts up and gives that beep I will have doubts. It went pretty straight forward, better than the last time but I do have more experience with computers than I did 3 years ago.
Very tired. Hope to get some rest this weekend but I have cleaning to do so I can have the house ready for when they install new windows. That will be nice, keep the drafts away and the house warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
It is Peanut Butter Lovers' Month and you all know how much I like peanut butter. I hope to make a peanut butter poundcake and a peanut butter pie sometime this month. have a peanut butter sandwich and celebrate peanut butter today.
Get well soon, Anne. :)
Joined plentyoffish.com, a free dating site. Got an email the second or third day I was on. It read: "I really like your kind of personality".
I just wasnt sure how or why to respond, so I said "Thanks". Havent heard anything else from her. I just didnt know what to say. How does she know my personality from 4-6 sentences of a profile. The whole process, the game, of dating makes me so tired and I say that I am not going to check my email from those sites but yet I do and get nothing. And to be honest I have not seen a profile I would like to send a message. Well, maybe one. I have seen her on other sites so I figured hey, if I keep seeing her why not send you an email but I have no idea what to say. I am somewhere between wanting to make a steller impression and being as vague as possible in order to seem cool instead of desperate if that makes sense to anyone. But, I am not cool. My idols were weathermen and nerds. My profile starts "geek seeks" not very original but it rhymes dammit. I may just go back to my bitter profile. I got more hits from that than any of my other ones. It does seem my posts are the same lately. I guess that is a sign that not much is going on for good or bad and that is a good thing but sometimes I just want to have a dare to be great situation.
May watch Princess Bride on DVDt tonight. Food Lion had it for $5 last week and I had to get a copy. May put it on while playing DDO which I havent played in a few weeks. Just not into it after they tried to add new content and it didnt go over well. Seems to be better now but it has lost its luster for me, what little it had. I have had problems with the game since March when it came out.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Thanks Jonathan. I feel much better. :)

No peanut butter hot dogs?? That peanut butter pound cake sounds sweet. I sure am craving a reeses right about now! At least I have an excuse for eating one or two or ten now!

I love the Princess Bride. That is a top 5 movie. Maybe even a top three.

Jonathan said...

No peanut butter hot dogs. Probably will not make them again. Tehy were good but not what I remembered from childhood. Now, I put peanut butter on poundcake so I know a peanut butter poundcake will be very good.
I may have mentioned it before, but in my late high school/early college days, I watched Princess Bride about everyday.

Random Musings said...

I have heard good things from Plenty of fish my cousin has a profile on there and shes actually met and dated a few that were not completley nuts..

Mummy said...

yay the peanut butter!! I'm lmao at your 'geek seeks' title, works for me! i have to say i do NOT reply to the bitter profiles, i assume they have an anger problem if they were unable to control bitterness when setting up their profile.... maybe rethink that one. u do def need to ahve something to say back .. i always ask "whats your experience on this site so far? anything juicy/freaky/interesting?" then i can make some kinda judgement on what they answer, what kind of success they have had to date etc.

I've never seen princess bride, im obviously missing out!