Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Nonesuch #225 what i'm listening to

Haven't done this in awhile cause well I havent had time to go looking for new stuff. But here goes:

Willie Nelson - Songbird
Best Willie I have heard in years. Great tunes, great lyrics. "Songbird" is a definite listen and "Blue Hotel".

Tyler Hayes
Nice new singer, well new to me, in the vein of Ryan Adams. Check out "Maybe it's me".

Bradley Walker Acoustic / Country / Bluegrass but in the old country style(Willie, Hank Williams Sr, George Jones)In good company with signing with Rounder Records. Heard him on Fresh Air with Terri Gross on npr yesterday and have not got his songs out of my head yet.

Chris Cornell - Billie Jean(Micheal Jackson cover) Check it out* and decide for yourself. Found by way of pop candy by way of sterogum.
*link expired

LĂ©onie - A blogfriend that damn, can she sing. Listen to "Happiness", rinse repeat. I know I do.

Ben Kweller - For being so young, he has done so much. Pop in a pure form. "Penny on the train track" is required listening for me, at least once a week.

DAUGHTRY
- Yes, that Chris Daughtry. His first album comes out in a week. Saw him on local tv morning news program 2 weeks ago and he played "It's not over", just a great song. Powerful lyrics coupled with powerful voice. I see a long career even if he was on AI.

I see a new iPod purchase coming soon.

Others I am checking out:
The Popper Project
Phil and Friends
Ryan Adams and the Cardinals

3 comments:

Mummy said...

I don't know any of these artists! I'm so uncool

Jonathan said...

I tried to put links for each artist. Check them out, most have
myspace pages. Just wait till you get broadband though cause dialup is
too slow.

Mummy said...

ta, and work blocks them too ... i so need to get my a into g about broadband!