Thursday, June 04, 2015

Throwback Thursday
#tbt

Was reading over this blog over the past few days and found something I wrote in 2007 and it made me chuckle:

"Or it may be that I need to dewire, unplug for awhile, enjoy other things, go green, read a book, turn on, tune in and drop out, or dare I say, "find myself". How 90s of me and I apologize. How 70s of me." 

Some of what I say there is still with me today. Change or lack of it, well how about lack of big changes. My 20s were all about change. New jobs, moving every two years or so, going to graduate school and working full time through temp agency. And then the 30s came, steady job, a relationship that seemed solid(it turned out it was not), no more moving every two years. In fact, I have lived in the same house for almost 14 years, the longest I have lived anywhere in my life. And I am not complaining and to be honest I figured I would even be more settled by now or 10 years ago I would have it all worked out, whatever that means. 

Will leave you all with a song by Ben Folds called Still (reprise) from the Over the Hedge Soundtrack. I think it sums up today's thoughts.



"I stay focused on details it keeps me from feeling the big things
but watch the microscope long enough
things that seem still are still changing"  - Ben Folds

No comments: