Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Nonesuch #40 - A Milestone...and more

My fortieth post on Nonesuch. When I first started out with this it was only to be able to respond to postings on my friend Chad's blog Still Point and now here I am at the 40th post.

But on to the other things.

My wallet was found yesterday. The guy that mows the lawn for Food Lion in Rockwell, a town about 7 minutes up the highway from me, found it in the ditch out front of the store. He called me about 4:50pm yesterday and said he had it and that he would leave it with the Food Lion people who were keeping it in their safe. I immediately left work and headed to get my wallet. I had no idea what would be left in it but I did know that my business cards were still in there. That was how he was able to locate me. I got the shopping center and looked around for someone mowing the lawn. He was no-where to be seen. I go in, tell them I am here for my wallet. They bring it to me and everything is there but the American Express card and the $1 that was in it when it was stolen. Just amazing luck is all I can say. It was wet and I cannot use that wallet any more but all my cards, driver's license, work id, was all in there and most importantly: my Social Security card. That was what I was most worried about and there is a chance that they wrote it down and may try to use it but I will be contacted as soon as they try. There have been a lot of great folks that have helped me out immensely and I have no way to thank them all. But I give a big thanks to the Rowan County Sheriff's Department, Wal-Mart, American Express, Food Lion, Visa, the Gold Hill Market and the Food Lion mower who found my wallet. If I left anyone out, I will add them as I remember them.

2 comments:

Julie Brooks Barbour said...

I hope that's not the same wallet you've had since you and Chad were roommates. :) If so, it's time for a new one.

There is good in the world still. Your post is an example of that.

Jonathan said...

No, it wasn't that wallet but I think I still have that one :). The one that was stolen was given to me by the folks from Primestar on my last day I worked with them. It now sits on my mantlepiece unusable but back in my possesion.