Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Nonesuch #43

Its that time of year again where no matter what you are doing, where you are, it doesnt matter, you get the Summer Break Blues. After 20+ years of going to school in the Fall and getting out in late May or early June depending on whether you are in high school or college and when things begin in the Fall we have become conditioned to having a summer break. Lazy days or from what I remember, boring days of heat if outside or crap on the TV whether or not you have cable. There was always camp which I did attend many times over the years. When I was younger, I went to several camps with cabins, rope courses, sailing and swimming, the whole "camping experience". When I was older I went to MYF(methodist youth fellowship) camps where we stayed in dorms. I always had a good time at those and I still have fond memories of Senior High Workshop(at Louisburg College) and ACS(at Methodist College. But, back to my point. My body or my psyche is straying from all things worked related. I have thoughts being outside, gardening or running through the woods beating people with foam covered plumbing supplies and bird-seed packets. I do miss NERO. May check out an event or two this summer. It has been awhile. Got to get it in before the back-to-school sales begin.

No comments: