Monday, June 06, 2005

Nonesuch #47

I just lost an entire new posting. I hate when I do things like that. At first I think I will try to re-type what I was working on but it just doesn't feel right, hard to explain. I guess I will attempt it anyway.

Another D&D weekend. We had a good time as we always do but it is not the same as it used to be. We used to play almost all of the weekend from Friday evening to sometime Sunday afternoon but now that is no longer how it is. We start Saturday morning as folk's schedules do not allow us to begin Friday. We play all day stopping only for a big meal. Sometimes we order in, sometimes we go out. When the session is over, some go home at 2am or so. Some leave the next morning, it has turned into more of a 24hr gaming session that we have over 3 days. It goes by so fast and soon we are all back to our regular day in-day out lives. At least I have World of Warcraft to keep me from going too crazy. We do live in a time of escapism. Come to think of it, hasn't there always been something people have used to alter the way they think about things, see things, to get away from the mundane everyday existance.

No comments: