Friday, September 08, 2006

Nonesuch #206(i think) Freeze Tag

So, all that read Anne's blog have been tagged if we want to be so I will try to do both of the memes that she has posted and answered. With the way things have been going this week, it will probably take me all day to complete this.

Things that scare me.

1. fear itself
2. being lonely for the rest of my life


People who make me laugh.

1. Most people can make me laugh and I am at the #1 spot on that list


Things I hate most.

1.
2. liars/cheaters
3.

Things I don't understand.

1. why no one takes responsibility for their actions anymore?
2. what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen sparrow?
3.

Things I'm doing right now.
1. typing
2. waiting for lunch
3. 3rd update for this post

Things I want to do before I die.

1. see the rest of the US
2. see the world
3. Tour the US on a best hot dog tour.

Things I can do.
work on computers(dont tell anyone)
take photographs
cook(desserts are my specialty)


Ways to describe my personality.
laid back(most of the time)
I go through spells of being very secretive and not saying much about myself.



Things I can't do.
I dont think about things this way.


Things I think you should listen to.
your elders - they have seen more and done more than us young folks may ever do. Wisdom is a good thing.


Things you should never listen to.
talk radio - no, I'm serious. All it will do is make you mad


Things I'd like to learn.
to speak Sindarin

Favorite foods.
peanut butter
mac and cheese
chocolate anything
fried chicken
cookies
cake
jello
hot dogs


Beverages I drink regularly.
water
dr pepper
lemonade
gatorade - rain lime, rain tangerine, original orange
guinness




Shows I watched as a kid.
Dukes of Hazzard
60 Minutes(yeah, i'm odd)
Superfriends
Batman and Robin
Battlestar Galactica
All in The Family
One Day At A Time
Good Times
MASH
Patridge Family - until that episode with the tornado and they were stuck in the basement. Never watched it again. I still dont know if they ever got out.
And I could go on, watched a lot of TV growing up. I may add more as I remember them.

GI Joe - thanks Virginia Belle!



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This one is Kat's tag.

8 Facts/Things/Habits about me.


1. I too sleep on the couch most nights. But its because if I put my back towards the back of the couch, I cen feel like someone is beside me.

2. I can eat peanut butter for all my meals and snacks.

3. I had long hair for 16 years until I cut it short in May

4. I have played Dungeons and Dragons for 26 years and I still play. Its like our poker night. Wish we could play more, but my group is all over the place now and it is hard to get together at times.

5. I wake up just about every morning between 3:30 and 4am no matter when I go to sleep. So I get 3-4 hours of sleep, not enough some days.

6. Sometimes I wonder why I have a website, blog, and profiles on various dating sites.

7. I drive a VW Jetta and yes it has grateful dead stickers on it

8. eight eight i forget what eight was for

In other news, I quit the one pay dating site which shall remain nameless at this time but I seem to recall that I may have mentioned it before. If that is the case, I will look and see and then I will say its name. I was getting nowhere and the ones that I actually made contact with would stop emailing. In fact, I had more dates from myspace than I did that place. There was a questionare that I had to fill out when I quit asking why and I told them: "This was a waste of my time and my money and that I had met more people and had more dates on myspace than here." I then changed my email address to one of "dummy" addresses and quit. I had heard that even after you quit they still send you matches and emails asking to come back to find your "soul mate" and they are rooting for you. If I go back, it will be on my terms. Hmmm, did I just quit a dating service or did I BREAK up with a dating service....Something to ponder.

I went back to the doctor yesterday for more tests. They hooked me up to a computer to check out my brain functions including eyes, this one with clicks in my ears and they sent tiny electric shocks in my arms and legs. It doesnt sound like much but I was in the office for around 2 hours. The tests were inconclusive so I have an MRI in October. Maybe then, I will know more. I just want to know one way or the other.

I am glad it is the weekend. I want to do something but my options are limited. My friend Sally is working most of the weekend or I would go see her.

Longest post is quite sometime. I just really havent had much to write about, well I have but it would have been, "my back hurts. I hope I dont have MS. I am lonely and I am tired of being lonely. I miss my ex a lot now that NFL has started back up."

So anyway...

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Awh Jonathan..I knew I could count on you. Now hurry and post your answers!

Mummy said...

Love the best hotdog in the U.S tour idea, think that would kick off and get lots of international tourists joining!

laughed out loud at your break up with the dating service! I did the same last week. The best breakup Ive ever had so far...!

Ditto the peanut butter, but only if crunchy.

I can't believe you had 16 yrs worth of long hair (hippy), what did u do with that hair when it got cut?

Jonathan said...

JD -

It was exactly 16 years worth of hair. I did cut it from time to time but never above the shoulder but this last time I shaved it off. I think there are pics somewhere on the blog. Not sure what they did with my hair...

I used to eat crunchy peanut butter when I was a kid, but somewhere along the line I got hooked on smooth. Cannot even remember when.

PBS, our public tv station, has a show called the Hot Dog Show and they go all over the US sampling hot dogs. I have been to a few places but would love to go all over. They also have a Sandwich Show that I would like to turn into a tour as well.

Kelli said...

I watched this show one time about the best hot dog places. There was one place that fried theirs..and a grill place. I was fascinated. I think you have inspired me find a hot dog for lunch. You know..there is something great about a gas station hot dog..or a movie theater hot dog.

Okay..the sofa thing..I do that too. Im lonely. That sucks.

You peanut butter freaks...Im just not too big on it. I am having flashbacks of your peanut butter hot dog experiment.

Jonathan said...

Anne - that's the show I mentioned earlier. Rippers I think they call those fried ones. There used to be a few places near me that had good hot dogs but now I have to go an hour or so to find one. I just had lunch and now I am hungry again.

I have always liked peanut butter. Oh but one time in college I went a good while not eating it. Not sure why...