Friday, October 27, 2006

Nonesuch #220 what you talking about Jonathan?

Just a list of things in my head on a rainy day:

It is a good soup day or chilli would be good as well. *

The owner of my house put a new roof on it this week. Today it is raining. It is it's first test. They did a good job with the roof but left trash in my yard that I am not going to pick up. Coffee cups, cig boxes, roof tile wrappings. I guess that is better than having nails all over the yard I could step on or roll over with my car and get flat tire(s).

Will be getting new windows come December. I have much cleaning to do so they can get into the rooms to install the new windows. I hope they are those thermal replacement, swing inside to clean windows.

Do not want to do much on a rainy day. Plus I worked last night and I am always off-kilter the next day. At least it is Friday. **

I want a big sit down meal, like steak and potatoes type meal. I may treat myself to one this evening. Also in mood for chinese food as well. Good eggdrop soup would be good right now.

I had a late breakfast but still hungry early. I have leftover sub from subway upstairs for lunch. Sometimes they are better the next day.

I have many pecan trees in my yard. Last year, I had a lot of pecans and they were huge which means this year, I will not have as many. That is why I always freeze a few gallon bags for use later.

So need to go to grocery store. I am out of almost everything.

Do not see me doing anything for halloween this year. Used to dress up, hand out candy but no one has come to the house in years. I feel like I have typed this before. If it is a repeat, I apologize.

If you have not checked out Magazine Man(see list of blogs ---->)check him out. He consistently has awesome posts, usually with a cliffhanger, that are engaging and entertaining. And he and his wife are expecting their third child.

I did not respond to russian girl as joie and I have coined her from the other day. Something just not right about it. I have I guess 4 profiles up at various sites but I just do not care. I am getting nothing from them. Maybe if I get responses from some of the girls I email I would be more positive about the whole experience. Perhaps I am just not good at dating. It does take practice like anything else.

Read a girl's blog about bad boy vs nice guy and it made me think, well, at least for a few minutes. She was saying she would rather have the bad boy than the nice guy for reasons I cannot remember right now, other than that nice guys were weak, didnt have any energy(sexual? im not sure) and were always wanting to please the woman they were with. Did I miss something in dating school? Do not girls want to be treated nice, with respect etc? My comment to her was: "This is fine and all but do not complain in your next blog post that some bad boy hurt you." I just dont know. By the time I figure women out, I will be too old to do much with the knowledge. And yes, I know, maybe I shouldnt think too much and do more. Perhaps that is what the girl above was meaning. All I know is I am lonely.

I was going try to give Anne some advice about her dating situation but realized what can I give? I cannot even keep a relationship myself so whatever I would say would be meaningless. Bottom line to Anne: Do what makes you happy and keeps you smiling.

PBS has had some great shows on this week. They must be offering alternative programing to the World Series.

Random picture:



I may do some baking this weekend. I made brownies last weekend but I think they made me so sick on Monday but not sure. I threw them out. I have some apples something applish may be in the works. ***

And Happy Halloween/Happy Harvest/Happy Samhain/Happy Dia De Los Muertos/All Saint's Day and as I say x'oween to everyone.






*(did I spell chili right?)
**(do people use off-kilter anymore?)
***(is applish a word?)

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Thanks for the advice jonathan..I think that you are right on..

Hmmm..something appleish shounds fabulous. So does Subway. And potatoes. (not the steak though..not for me) Im hungry I think!

Im not dressing up either...I just dont have it in me this year.

I hope those people clean up your yard..thats awfully rude.

Tuesday Girl said...

I love a new blog, I will check it out, thanks.

~ Amanda X&O said...

appleish sounds like a word to me.

Mummy said...

I think I've checked out Mag man before, he wrote the amazing story of rescuing his dog when it was stolen? i think

applish most definately a word, u made me want apple crumble when i read that.

bottom line: always do what makes you happy. in everything. as long as u arent causing harm, always ask urself will this make me happy. It doesnt work when ur drunk though!

Jonathan said...

Joie - yeah MM did the amazing rescue of Blaze. That story got me hooked on his writing.

Drinking a guinness as I type this...:)

Kelly said...

Reading this made me really hungry!

Jonathan said...

Hadnt notice but I do have 6 mentions of food in this post. Now I am hungry as well.