Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Nonesuch #270 Lovesong

Here are everyone's who posted favorite love songs. If there are others, add them to the comments and I will post them as updates to this post.



Anne - Please Forgive Me - Bryan Adams

Joie - I don't want to miss a thing (don't wanna close my eyes song)by Aerosmith

Julie - City of Blinding Lights by U2

Ace - Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers

Mine - Something by The Beatles

And I have others that I like that I may post later if I have time.

Pop Candy asked folks to send in their favorites and then using finetune she created a V-Day Mix of the song suggestions. Check it out. Some great songs on there.

NPR has a list of breakup songs

*Update*

Lovesong - The Cure
If I had $1,000,000 - Bare Naked Ladies
Don't Change Your Plans - Ben Folds Five
Tangled Up in Blue - Bob Dylan
Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies
Crush - Dave Matthews Band
Ego Tripping at The Gates of Hell - Flaming Lips
The Trapeze Swinger - Iron & Wine
I Would For You - Jane's Addiction
The Only Answer - Mike Doughty
Together - William Shatner

5 comments:

Random Musings said...

Ha ha..
Love the list

Jonathan said...

Random - Is there a song you would like to add to the list?

Kelli said...

OMG. I am such a dumbass. I must have totally missed the whole LOVE song part. Instead I gave you my favorite "hooking up with a stranger at a party because I just got dumped" song. Silly me.

Let me redeem myself. Fave Love song:

Please Forgive Me - Bryan Adams

That song saps it up like no other in my book. Plus a Jr. High boyfriend sang it to me one time and I melted.

Jonathan said...

Well, hooking up with a stranger at a party after being dumped is a kind of love, :). I updated it.

CrazySpanishGirl said...

Poison by Alice Cooper. Who can forget this line: 'I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name'. I love it.