Tuesday, October 02, 2007

nonesuch #349

No matter where you are
I can still hear you when you dream
You traveled very far
You traveled far, like a star
And you are
All of those yesterdays
Coming around
- Smashing Pumpkins

It was homecoming where I work this past weekend. I do tours of the campus for returning alumni and set up displays with yearbooks, newspapers and other items at the various class reunions. Having a direct connection to the time they were here can really open up the memories. It was my Father's 50th reunion and I went to the dinner they held. At the dinner, the members of his class went around and updated their classmates with what they had done the past 50 years. When my Dad spoke he said that he had one son, who wears a beard and most of you all already know him from the tours. Then he said

"And my wife and I do not have grandkids, yet" and smiled at me.

I just raised my hands and didn't know what to say. I think my Mom put him up to it.

No pressure there, noooo, none at all.


My friend Eoh is in England. Arrived there yesterday morning and has started unpacking. Her and her kitties had a good flight and she is beginning to unpack. She says she knows she made the right decision. I will see her and her fiance in December.

I had an old high school friend send a friend invite on myspace last night. At first I thought cool, but looking at his myspace page, I am not sure how much we will have in common now. Think I last talked to him in 1991 or 1992. Just not sure what to do. Is it even worth making the connection if you have a good feeling that you may have nothing to talk about at all? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Vi said...

Well, you 've got something common together, you were at the same school! Start with that.

Oh adn I cn relate to sally situation. Have that with a coupld of my friends.

Jonathan said...

There is more to the story. We were best friends and he caused the accident that almost killed four of us and then lied to me about what happened. Found out 3 months later that he was looking in the rear-view mirror at me and my ex-girlfriend who was dating someone else at the time as we were dancing to a song on the radio and he thought that I was going to "do something" with/to her and he lost control of the car on a curvy wet road. I had bruised a kidney, she had an earring ripped through her lob but he and the other passenger walked away with a scratch or two. Guess I should have mentioned all of this on the original post.