Thursday, October 18, 2007

nonesuch #352

So, brief one today. I guess that is better than nothing at all which is par for the course these days.

My Father had hip replacement Tuesday morning of this week. He is still in the hospital but is doing well. He started rehab on the leg yesterday morning and that seems to be going well. He is slowly gaining strength and may come home this weekend.

I have been working on a post entitled "Phrases that sound dirty but are not"(with apologies to David Letterman. In the '80s he had a Top Ten List of the same name but I plan to have more than 10 when I make the post.) It is coming along. If anyone has any to suggest for the list, post in the comments section and I will add it to the list and give you credit.

Planning is almost done for my England trip. Just the little things like what pub on what night and will we repeat any but I do not think we will know for sure until we actually visit one. My father went 30 years ago and was telling me about Parson's Beer which was for the children to drink but it was some kind of soft drink, not beer. For my friends in England, do they still have such a drink?


No comments: