Friday, April 22, 2005

Nonesuch #34 - One more Friday night

My day is now complete having watch "Maid in Manhatten" another rags to riches, finding true love movie starring J-Lo who according to my last count was on her 3rd or is it 4th marriage?

Not much accomplished today...lawnmower still not fixed, never been that good with engines btu as a kid I could take apart a hair dryer and put it back together, not saying it worked afterwards but I could do it. Then about the time I had planned to do what yard work I could do without a lawnmower, it started to rain.

Played some WoW but got little done. This new "Honor" system just does not do it for me. I cant get quests or anything done without being jumped by Horde. Horde are other players that are playing the other faction in the game. So, it is different from fighting AI monsters, these are real life folks somewhere out there somewhere in the world playing just as I am. Now, I dont mind much PVP(player vs player) but if it everywhere I go that I can gain experience to level I tend to get frustrated. (Jonathan , it is just a game) - The voice of reason.

I remember Friday nights as exciting back in the day. Were they really? Maybe it was the looking forward to the end of the week, having some beer, listening to good music, conversation, if I was not alone. I guess I am remembering my college days. There have been things that have made my mind drift back a little too much lately. Working at a university and seeing the kids come adds to that. Now, my Friday night excitement comes from actually making it through Conan O'Brien's monologue without drifting off.


Hits of Sunshine (For Allen Ginsburg) - Sonic Youth
Are You a Hypnotist? - The Flaming Lips
Rotten Apple - Alice in Chains

No comments: