Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Nonesuch #117 -

Attempted stream of conscience blogpost:

Tuesday, its not really Monday anymore, but why does it still feel like it?

Over 2 months into 2006 and I do not feel like I have accomplished anything I said I would in this new year. It was going to be my year, things would be different but I find myself in the same frame of mind I have been in since October of last year.

"I am looking for a dare to be great situation." - Lloyd Dobler

I guess there really isnt anything I can do about that except keep on keeping on. But that is what I have been doing for so long now..not doing things on spur of the moment(that can be dangerous), not following through with things I want to do for myself(beach or mountains trip). I have always done for other before I did for myself and I do not see anything wrong with that but when am I going to do for myself, just once?

Dana Reeve , 1961-2006

Kirby Puckett 1960-2006

Watched the Oscars Sunday night, well sort of. I was playing the new Dungeons and Dragons Online game and listening to the broadcast, turning around every so often to see what someone was wearing etc. Really enjoyed John Stewart, been a fan of his since his before MTV talk show(favorite moment, Elizabeth Shue grabbing his "package", the look on his face was priceless)when he was just another stand up comedian. My, they grow up so fast. Other than his performance and the Three 6 Mafia song, I was not impressed. I had watched the Oscars every year since 1990 but last year, I slept right through them and I didnt feel like I missed anything. I do not go to movies like I used to, didn't see any of the nominated films at all this year. That is another thing I wanted to do this year, get back going to the movies regularly. It is tough when movies are almost $10 for one ticket where I live. I know it is more in some places but still, $10 when I can wait a few months and rent the same movie for around $2-$4 and enjoy it in the comfort of my own home?

I start these things off with so much I want to say and then I lose it. Not very stream of conscience afterall...

No comments: