Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Nonesuch #120

I don't talk too much about game shows but I enjoy watching them very much. If could have only two channels to watch forever, it would be The Food Network and the Gameshow Network. I remember as a kid, being sick and being able to watch the morning game shows, "The Price is Right", "Classic Concentration", "Super Password", and "Press your Luck". Host Peter Tomarken made "Press Your Luck". I still use the phrase, "BIG MONEY, NO WHAMMIES". I think he came back to host "Whammy!" an update of the classic game on the Gameshow Network but it was not the same.

Peter Tomarken and his wife, Abigail, died yesterday morning when their small plane crashed into Santa Monica Bay.

Other gameshows he hosted include:
Hitman
Wordplay
Monopoly
and Bargain Hunters.


Peter Tomarken 1942-2006

No comments: