Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Nonesuch #118 - Matisyahu



When I first heard of the reggae-hasidic artist from Brooklyn, NY I was not sure what to think, but after listening to the samples from iTunes, the infectious rhythms, grooves and lyrics of Matisyahu were instantly download to my ipod and have played nonstop. Then I have tried to find everything by him, he only has 3 cds, "Shake Off the Dust...Arise" from 2004, "Live from Stubb's" released in 2005 and "Youth" just released this week. You can learn all about him here:

Matisyahu

I have "Live from Stubb's" and "Youth" but cannot get my hands on "Shake Off the Dust...Arise". Granted most of the songs are on the "Live from Stubb's" cd but I am compelled to have all that he has put out.

Check him out. Rinse, repeat.

(thanks to Pop Candy for the tip)

**Update**- Matisyahu Interview

No comments: