Monday, May 15, 2006

Nonesuch #148


Been a good amount of time since I last posted, over a week. It was finals week and I worked extended hours last weekend (5/6) and this past weekend was graduation. Graduation takes up most of the Saturday morning it is scheduled for. I was going to get my haircut afterwards, instead came home and napped most of the afternoon. Didnt do much else that day but lay on the couch and snooze.
Sunday, didnt feel like doing much that day as well. Little did I know that it would be a crazy day. Around 2pm, the channel I was watching began to show alerts about a storm heading across NC spawning tornados and dropping quarter to tangerine sized hail. About 3pm, it hit Gold Hill leaving 4 inches of hail and another 3 or so inches of leaves on the ground. (see pictures)

It lasted about 10 minutes, wind, hail and rain, then stopped and less than 10 minutes later, the sun was back out. My yard is covered in leaves, too much to rake. Will mow them up as best as I can once they dry out some more. They were still wet this morning and hail was still on the ground in some places. My car has a few hail dents in the hood but it could have been worse. My yard has a lot of trees in it so I could have had some limb dents in my car as well.

Here is my shout out to Random who on Saturday walked the Revlon Walk/Run for Women to raise money to fund important research into the cause and cure of women's cancers, prevention, education and support service programs. She raised over $500. You can see her blog for all the details.

No comments: