Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Nonesuch #230 10 Years!

I recently celebrated a 10 year anniversary, no small feat these days in which change is constant.

It was 10 years ago over Thanksgiving that I started to grow my beard.

The girl I was dating at the time said she liked beards and I said that I could grow a full one in about 2 weeks. I had a goatee at the time but I shaved that off and started fresh Thanksgiving morning. By the weekend, I had a shadow and was well on my way. Less than 2 weeks later I had a full beard and have kept it ever since. There are many people who have never seen me without one. I am not I would recognize myself if ever I did shave it. I have had it at various lengths from halfway down my chest to very short just along the neckline. I like it medium length. It doesn't get it my way. I may cut my hair but I dont think the beard will go away.

And now: Beards Through The Years



Last day of 7th grade. I was shaving 3 times a week just to be cool.


Sophomore in college, had the goatee thing going on. Similar to what it looked like before I shaved it off to start the beard.


Christmas 2001(I think)


October 2002 at friend's wedding in DC. I did trim it for the occasion.


December 2005/January 2006


May 2006 - right after I shaved my hair off



Now

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Hurry up with the pics Beard Man!

I think that beards look great on some guys..not so much on others...but for the most part I am a beard fan.

Jonathan said...

Thought I would have time yesterday to get pictures up but it did not happen. I may have time today depends on how things go.

Kelli said...

Wow..your beard changes the entire way that you look!

I like the look now the best. Not so Wild Man..a little more refined..but still the same Beard-y Peanut Butter lovin Jonathan that we all know and love.

BTW - new obsession at Sonic is a cherry vanilla rootbeer. I have at least one a day. Thats one at a minimum because I am so addicted to them. And cheesecake bites are pretty darn good too.

Jonathan said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I am still getting used to the short hair but it will probably be staying. Hmm, the cherry vanilla rootbeer sounds very good. I am thinking of going there today or tomorrow of a footlong coney combo.

ok strange verifications today.
first one: dhksnmuf(over at joie's)
second one: itcumhs(on this post)

I think there is a theme in here somewhere.