Monday, December 11, 2006

Nonesuch #233 Ramble On

Many things going on in my head but nothing is gelling so here goes:

Cold here, was 14 Saturday morning and that is cold for the middle of NC. Mountains had some snow but not much. The ski areas are making much snow so the skiers have some great conditions with most of the trails and runs open.

I worked this weekend. It is exam time. There were more folks in on Saturday than Sunday. There was a heat problem so it was quite chilly on the inside. I am hot natured so for me to say it is cold, it really is cold.

2 weeks till Christmas. I have done little shopping, no decorating and no mood changing whatsoever. We did have drop-ins last week with some good food. In the past, they have helped to get me festive but not this year. I don't feel the excitement I thought I would even though I have said I will not be celebrating.

Watched the live action Grinch movie over the weekend and I was disappointed. It was an hour too long, they created a back story that didn't add anything. But, Jim Carry is the Grinch. They are showing the original "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" sometime this week. Cannot go wrong with the classics. I missed Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer the other night. I couldn't get CBS to come in on my TV. So, I watched WWE Smackdown on the CW, which is what I normally do on Friday night anyway.

You know, it is really sad when all of my fantasies about bringing a girl home start: "And yeah, my house is cleaned up."

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh Jonathan..that last line is a classic. :)

Jonathan said...

Its true. I think it may be one of the reasons past relationships didn't work out as well. It is a mess, I have tried to clean up and it gets worse the more I do. I am a packrat and keep almost everything which is not a good thing. My house has been clean but it has been awhile. I come home from work and I am so tired that the last thing I want to do is clean up. I am at a loss to what to do.

Mummy said...

I havent done any xmas shopping/cleaning either! Stuff it! Life is for living not cleaning...

I still havent even seen 'its a wonderful life' which is apparantly THE xmas movie of all time, let alone grinch movies.