Saturday, December 30, 2006

Nonesuch #242 Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans

I'm just so lonely. I feel people getting further away from me or me
getting away from them. I don't like drama or whatever you call it
anymore, don't put up with it and find myself angry a lot once I am
alone at home. I am not sure if this is a getting older thing or just where I am at this moment in time or just the holiday blues. When I think on it, I am doing ok. Great job, 3-4 close friends, I don't seem them like I want to, they are scattered all over the globe, from middle america to the middle east. Email and instant messaging are great tools to keep the communication going but I miss the sitting around with a few beers or liquor with great music in the background and great conversation. Perhaps I did have a a rough few years in college: bumpy relationship with a girl that we both realized we were not for each other 6 months in but stretched it out for almost 4 years. Talk about about wasted youth. I did have some great times and those are what I remember and miss.
2006 went by so fast. I guess that is good in some ways but where did it go? I had things I wanted to do, never got to them. You could say I had plans that never panned out. Maybe in 2007 but if things go like 2006, I will more than likely be right back here typing the same thing in December 2007.
But in 2006, I have met some great blog folks. Its nutty how by only reading their blogs and emails you feel you get to know these people. Without the internet, the possibility of knowing folks from England, New Zealand, Texas, California and points in between would never have happened.
My resolutions are over. And yes they are a bit tongue in cheek but I wanted to go with things I could actually achieve. Resolutions put so much stress on folks well from what I have seen. I want things different in 2007 but I am the only one that can actually do anything about what I do or don't do.

So, here is to the last days of 2006 and the first days of 2007.

2 comments:

MommyHeadache said...

Hey, don't be so glum. And don't make any resolutions for 2007, it'll just depress you when they don't come true. I do think you need to get out and socialize more because otherwise one sits at home, going over and over old memories, doesn't get one anywhere, nostalgia only causes melancholy. All the best for 2007!

Mummy said...

new years resolutions cause guilt and hairy armpits, avoid at all costs!

and yip, cheesy music time ... lifes what you make it, although u can be lonely when u go out a lot and meet new friends ... i still feel it. but i know peop in relationships also feel lonely too. maybe we should be getting dogs?

and how cool is the net/blogging for meeting new friends across the world !