Sunday, November 25, 2007

suchnone #359 sicky

Still fighting this cold. Thought it was almost gone but came back in full force. Had to get more meds today. Hopefully be the last I will need to get. Got some of the nastiest cough drops I have ever had. Those are going in the trash, not even going to give them away they are so bad. Good they were only 99 cents.

Working this evening. Busier than I thought it would be after the holidays.

Will be off on my trip in 3 weeks. It looks like we will not be able to go to Stonehenge so you know what that means, time to start planning my next trip. Also, it gives us more time in London which is not a bad thing or we can move on to our next destination.

Visited my parents for Thanksgiving Day. Dad is doing very well. Therapist told him Friday to stop using the walker and to work on getting his natural walk/gait back. He was pretty much getting around the house without the walker, using it mostly for balance. He cannot walk up hills yet but I think he may start walking the track at the fitness center. He is talking about having the other one done at the end of January but it does depend on how strong the one he just had done is so it could be in February or March. Heard the you need to find a nice girl speech again over the holiday. I just blew it off but it bothers me somewhat.

Will miss a Christmas Party thrown by Eoh's old roommate(cannot remember what I called her) and HB her new roommate. HB also was the one who had the after dinner party for Eoh before she moved to England. Sad I will miss it, they know how to throw good parties, with excellent food, drinks and awesome conversation. Who said librarians were boring does not have a clue.

I have seen maybe 2 dozen houses with decorations already up. It is just too early for me. We used to decorate on December 22nd or so. Have not decorated in 3 or 4 years now. Just not into it.

Speaking of, "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is coming on Tuesday night at 8pm(eastern) on ABC, I think that is the right channel. Check your local listings for the time and channel near you.

5 comments:

CrazySpanishGirl said...

wow! only 3 weeks. too bad you cannot visit Stonhenge, it really impressed me. But London is also worth the time there. Your going to love it there!

Jonathan said...

I know there is so much to see and do in London. I have a feeling I could walk out of my hotel room and turn left or right and find something to see or do or somewhere to go even if it is just a pub, hehe.

Kelli said...

Sorry you are feeling sick..I feel you about the christmas decorations. Its just not time yet. Doesnt feel like Christmas./

Jonathan said...

Anne - has not been cold enough here. I did see some snow day after Thanksgiving at my parent's house but it didn't amount to much.

Random Musings said...

I am so glad your dad is doing better, So excited for your trip.. are you going to let us see all the pictures??