Sunday, August 13, 2006

Nonesuch #198

It feels like there is nothing going on but I know different, I guess it is all my head.

No new sodas/drinks etc to talk about this week.

Coca-cola original in the glass bottle - Can it get any better than this? The glass bottles get colder faster and stay colder longer. And it just tastes smoother than Coke in a plastic bottle or can. Too bad they only come in 8oz sizes now.

Been trying to find an old friend for some time now. I think I have on myspace but there is no way to really know. I did find his parents and they live at the same house that they did back in the day. I am thinking of writing a letter, yeah they still exist(letters that is) and see what I can find out.

Had a second date Friday night. We watched Harry Potter 3 and some BBC America and talked till after 2am. I havent heard from her since. I sent her an email thinking her for a CD and DVD she made for me. I think I may have scared her. I have done that, I have been told I have intense eyes, whatever that means and that I can be intimidating. I was taught to look at a person when talking with them. A lot of people look away, dont make eye contact. I enjoy spending time with her. I would like to continue to get to know her. We shall see.

I made Chef Boyardee pepperoni pizza, added my own ham topping. It was very good. My Mom used to make it all the time and as I was going through my cabinet, I found I had two boxes. I also made some lime jello. It is setting up in the fridge. I dont know if I can wait 3 more hours for it to set.

Am excited that pro football has started up again. Have watched every pre-season game I can get on my non-cable TV setup. Panthers fan, live about an hour from Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte but I have never gone to a game. Tickets that I can afford go so quickly. But I will get to a game one of these days. I think the NFC South: the Panthers, Falcons, Bucs and the Saints is the toughest division in the entire NFL. The teams all match up against each other very well so there are not many blowouts. Watching football this year will not be the same. It was one thing my ex and I had in common and she knew her football. Anyway....

Faculty workshop begin this week with classes starting next Tuesday or Wednesday, I cannot remember offhand. The semester is here and I dont feel like I have had any break this summer, well I havent really. A day here, a day there. Its my own fault.

No comments: