Sunday, August 27, 2006

Nonesuch #203 Soda Sunday and other things I missed

I have found I like Vitamin Water by GLACEAU. I had seen it before in the store but never tried it. I came across the one called Power-C when my back was at its worst and decided to give it a try. I liked it and have tried just about all the others I can find in my area. Those are:

Power C - dragonfruit (taurine + vitamin c)
Focus - kiwi-strawberry (a+lutien)
Multi V - lemonade(a-zinc)
Formula 50 - grape (50% daily)

I think that is all. They sort of taste alike but that is not a bad thing.




Not a flower but I like the picture just the same


I have not been doing much lately with my back out of whack. The meds the doctor gave me stopped working the second day I had them. He gave me a stronger dose and it worked for a day and now it is not. I go to my arthritis doctor this Thursday so we shall see. I know what I am going to hear, exercise, stretch and lose weight, get in shape. So, why am I going? I dont know.

I am trying out several online dating sites. Still batting .1000 but that is ok. I mean, if someone doesnt respond to me, I havent lost anything but a little time sending an email. Maybe my intro emails are not exciting enough. How do you get across excitement without resorting to a bunch of exclamation points? Maybe excitement is not the correct word: interest in the person I am emailing. That's it. I always try to mention something about their profile, like where they have traveled or a book that we have both read. I did read the other day that women get an average from anywhere from 50-200 emails a day from dating sites. So, I guess they cannot get to everyone especially if they like #16 I happen to be #199. Sometimes I dont know why I bother and then I remember, I am lonely.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I like the dragon fruit one..thats the only one that I have tried.

Sorry about your back. I know it sucks when the meds dont work. I hope the arthritis doctor will have something better for ya.

That dating site business sucks. I have a really good friend who is trying it too. She is a little too shy in person so she is trying that and she is having the same problems. Just stick with it..something will come..just give it some more time.

~ Amanda X&O said...

For what it's worth (and probably not much) things usually happen when you stop looking.

Mummy said...

Sorry to hear about ur back pain, its a horrible thing espesh when the meds dont sort it.

I've been internet dating too, and yip, unfortunately, there seems to be like mailshots sent by the men, cos I get overwhelmed by the sheer number of msgs. The number that are quality are even less. And you're right if you are #199, it takes her longer to get to your msg (or she has given up after reading the 198 freaks before your msg!) Hang in there with it tho, I think in general it opens your heart & mind - I find I end up meeting guys in real life (not from online) cos I'm more open to it.

Kelli said...

Dude..almost a week and no post?

Hope you are alright.

Im worried about your back.

Im picturing you splayed out on the couch with every possible necessity within arms reach except for the remote control which you accidentally left in the bathroom and you are cursing the stupid remote control Gods because you just dont have the energy in you to go back in there and get it.

I really hope thats not the case.

Jonathan said...

Back is the same. Some days better than others. I am mobile but wishing all the time I was on the couch resting. I go to arthritis dr tomorrow so maybe I can find something out.