Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Nonesuch #245 dating 2007

I have deleted all my dating profiles that I remember signing up for. They were getting me nowhere and actually making me feel worse about myself and my non-dating situation. As Jerry told George, "Since nothing you are doing is working, maybe you should do the exact opposite." or something along those lines. The thing is, I am not sure what I can even do that will do anything to change my situation. I have thought about taking a class at the community college, hanging around grocery stores more and even going to church. I would go to a library but I work in one so, I am not too up on that option. I sense a theme: I need to get out of the house more. I may do all but go to church. I have dated a few girls that went to church every Sunday and let me say they were not all that churchly and I can say that cause I am not either but I do respect people and I don't lie or cheat. I asked some of my close friends to tell me what I have been doing wrong in my past relationships, stuff that stood out for them but I have received no answers, so far. One, said she would tell me if I told her about her dating miscues except the obvious. Now, I don't know what she means by the obvious. Plus, I want to know for myself and I apologize for it being about me for a change. I am not a selfish person but I also tend to put my feelings, wants and needs to the side so I think it is time for me to work on me. I just want my friends to be honest with me. I know some of my issues/problems but sometimes hearing it from others can give that kick in the ass we need from time to time.

3 comments:

Random Musings said...

I hope it works for you..
There is someone out there for all of us...

Jonathan said...

When I was younger, I really thought that there is someone out there but now that I am older, I just don't know anymore. Of course, who knows what the future holds but I am not holding my breath.

Kelli said...

Im not sure that I believe in that one person for everyone..I think we have to make do with what we find.

I think that your plan is good Jonathan. Let more people get to know you..then they can learn more about you. I sortof agree that dating sites are crap now..I think the majority of people on there are not looking for anything serious and it just messes up the ones that are.

I say hit that door...maybe instead of libraries you can hang out at book stores...meet some chick in the gardening section and Barnes and Noble or something.

Dont get down Jonathan..it will happen at some point..