Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Nonesuch #254

Too much going on for me to post and when I think I have time I feel too tired to make much of anything so I have put it off until now. Classes start tomorrow, students have started to come back. There was testing yesterday but only a few folks in the library. It should pick up today as people return and want to check their email.

Golden Globes were on last night but did anybody watch them when the second night of "24" was on? It has been said before but this show gets better and better. These first 4 hours, they have put more action, suspense, emotion into them than most shows have in an entire run. The show is not afraid to lay it on the line and us viewers are the lucky ones. Jack is the man, with Chloe coming in second even though this season I am a little letdown by what she is doing or should I say not doing. But it is early so I will hold my remarks.

Watched football playoffs over the weekend. I went 3 out of 4. I had San Diego beating the Patriots and they should have. The Patriots just have playoff experience I guess but is that an excuse at this level for SD to seemingly fall apart?

Not only am I not sleeping well but now I am tired all the time. Before, I could get by on 4 hours but it feels like my body is finally saying this is enough. Where my eye doctor is there is a sleep clinic. I may go and see what they can do. I have tried ambien and it worked for 1 night. I have been using CALMS a herbal remedy to help me relax and it helps but I am still waking at 4 in the morning wide awake ready to go and then by the time I get to work, its like I have already put in half a day so I am even more wore out.

Its funny, I have cravings for Pepsi in the winter and Coke in the summer. Does this make sense to anyone?

Does it make anyone feel lonely knowing there will be no more Lord of the Rings movies? What about Star Wars movies?

I have been invited to a swap meet 'n' greet. Its to celebrate a friend's new apartment and we need to bring unwanted object(s) to trade with other folks that will be there. I have no idea what I will bring. I am a collector, I don't get rid of much. I want to go but part of me does not want to put up with the hassle. There will be people there I have not seen in a long time and I have a feeling I will end up talking about CW and I really do not want to go down that path. I do enough of it as it is now. On the other hand, the hostess is an old friend and she wants me to meet her new boyfriend so I probably will go at least for a bit. I do work that weekend so its not like I will be closing the bar down that night anyway.

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Okay that swap meet thing sounds like so much fun! I think I may need to have one of those...you totally have to go if for no reason other than you have to tell me how it goes! It sounds like a good time though..you should really go!

And I agree with you about 24. Greatest show ever. I cant handle watching it during its season though..its too stressful! I have to watch it on dvd...makes for a lot of late nights because you cant stop watching!

I think you should go to the sleep doctor. You should not have to feel this way all the time. I say go..what have you got to lose?

I think you should take some pictures of the things you are thinking about taking to the swap meet and let us vote. (Can you tell I am excited about this?)

Jonathan said...

Ok you convinced me. I still have no idea what I am going to bring but I have 3 weeks or so to look around and take pics so you all can vote on them.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I could bring, let me know.

Mummy said...

yeah, swap meet has piqued my interest too.. pics is great idea anne.

also, go because it could be a good place to meet someone new and interesting ... and tell those bastards who wanna talk about CW that she is soooo old news (shes so LY, or is it the year before now?), and get over themselves, find something new to talk about, jeez.

I watched some of the Globes, they are so drunk and rowdy, its weird.

I think you should also find a pepsi/coke doctor, cos that is just weird. How can u flick between them like that? coke all the way man,.

Jonathan said...

Here is the deal with the coke/pepsi thing. I grew up in NC just an hour or so from where Pepsi was invented. Of course, it was everywhere. In some places still no matter what you ask for, whether it be coke or pepsi you will get pepsi. I do prefer coke for the most part but sometimes, I want a pepsi. Don't get me started on RC Cola.

The folks I am going to see I have not seen since before CW and I broke up. Its more that we all know each other rather than them asking questions. You know, she would somehow come up in conversation, nothing intentional.

Mummy said...

youve been pepsified - nurture beats nature?

ahh (re ur friends) but still, tell them its old news now anyway, and u dnt wanna rehash ? either way, im excited for u being busy and having to find a treasure to swap (that would sooo be my problem, i love everything i horde, id have trouble swapping anything!)

Kelli said...

I go through weird Pepsi/coke/dr.pepper cravings. Im pretty sure that coke is my favorite. Its my favorite for right now anyway. Its always my favorite at McDonalds. Have you ever noticed that a coke at mcd's is twice as good as a coke anywhere else? Weird.

Anyway...get on with the pictures! Im anxious to make this decision for you! (with you?) :)

Jonathan said...

Yes, McD's Coke is so much better than other places. I think they use more syrup or something. The only coke better is in the glass bottle. Its just smoother if that makes sense.

I am having a tough time finding something to take to the swap meet. Some people call me a pack rat, but I prefer archivist, hehe. I have a couple of things that CW left but I am not sure if they are appropriate to take to a swap meet. Maybe I should just go around the house, make a list, post that and then decide what pics to take and post.

Mummy said...

tres impressed with your total in the dirty anne survey!!

ooo - and i just had to comment, cos today i had coke in a bottle first time in AGES. and it rocked!! it fixed my hangover. yay

Jonathan said...

joie - like I said over at Anne's place, I'm a scorpio and a preacher's kid so that explains it all.

When I went to the store the other day, I picked up Pepsi and Coke.