Tuesday, June 19, 2007

nonesuch #322 you were acting like it was the end of the world

I was going to wait a few more days to see if anyone else wanted to do the questionnaire about me from the previous post before I posted the answers. I will say so far the ones who have answered and you know who you are, have done very well. I think it has been up almost a week so maybe tomorrow or Thursday will post the answers.

Crazy thing happened Sunday night. I was watching Last Comic Standing and I am pretty sure I saw an ex-girlfriend of mine sitting in the audience. I wasn't sure at first but then they showed her again and I am 97% confident it was her. Just crazy. Cannot remember if I mentioned her before but we dated on and off for a few years back in the late 90s. We had good times but I realized I was being used and well I didn't really care at the time. The attention was nice of course but she would disappear for weeks at a time, wouldn't hear from her and then she would be around almost nonstop for a few weeks and then do it all over again. Things would be going great and then she would break up with me like on New Year's Eve wanting to continue the friendship. After awhile I just couldn't do it anymore. Went to a party with her and she spent the entire time trying to fix me up with girls there. It was not like I still wanted to be with her, but I found it odd that she was going through all this trouble. We went to a bar(college hill sundries) after the party that was near my house. She played "Allison" by Elvis Costello on the jukebox. (CHS had the best jukebox in town. Everything from Elvis Costello to Willie Nelson) She mentioned that she wanted a guy "whose aim was true". (if you know the song lyrics, it makes sense). I said well, there was me. And then she started on all the guys that she could have slept with, who she had and who she was still trying to and how the bartender, who was one of our friends, could take her home and how she had tried to "do" him and he wouldn't go for it. And then I stood up, gave her a pat on the cheek and said, "good bye and good luck" and walked out the door. I really didn't have much else to do with her after that. She was still, at the time, in my circle of friends so I couldn't not see her. It was soon after I asked this nice girl out that I was in library school with and we dated for a few months. But that is a whole different story for another time. Sometime later she moved in with a guy up near Boston and they have since married. Last I heard about her was two years ago when her mother died of a heart attack.

2 comments:

Vi said...

Doesn't sound like a very nice person. You well rid.

Jonathan said...

yes, I am better off now. Less than a year after she moved in with the Boston guy, she called one our friends complaining that she had ended up with a skinhead and wanted to know from us how she could get out of it. My only response and I don't even know if she ever received it was, "you made your own bed, you can find a way out of laying in it."