Sunday, April 08, 2007

Nonesuch #289

Realizations:

I have grown to dislike movies. They don't effect me like they used to and I see them as a waste of my time. Would rather read or play a video game. Even video games are getting to where movies are now. Must be getting old.

Ordered a new phone, new provider and of course new plan. New phone is very cool, lots of neat stuff, so I am geeking out in it. Sad day when I get all excited about some electronic. Must be getting old.

I'm going to be alone. I really do not like many people much anymore, have little patience with most and would rather be at home watching bad TV than doing most anything. (see next) Must be getting old.

I hate, so hate Malls or large shopping areas with bunches of people. Went in one this weekend with Sally. She had some gift certificates for makeup and I went looking for new work clothes. Didnt find anything since I do not wear clothes from Hot Topic, Old Navy or the like. Chick-Fil-A ran out of chicken. How you ask? I do not know. They were busy and I did go back 30 min later and they had more. But still. Maybe it was just me but the security guards were following me. Cannot a guy have as big a beard as he wants? Helps keep me warm. Sally did get her makeup and some other shopping done. Must be getting old.

A nail got into one of my tires and I had a flat. Ripped all the way through the inner side so I had to get a whole new tire. Sally took me to get it at Sears and we took along her dog Iki. He had a good time. The gate in the back of her SUV came down and he bounded up front between the two front seats for the ride back to my car. He kept sliding around and bumping into Sally.

Had a few peanut butter eggs(Reese's) for Easter. That's all.

Work again tomorrow, only a month left in the semester. I am going to Chicago in just over 2 weeks and then the next week finals start. Just crazy.

Yep, getting old.

8 comments:

CrazySpanishGirl said...

A few days ago a got a call from my mobile phone provider. I've been chosen (yeah, just me) for the new campaign. If I sign up for another 18 months with them, I get a great LG phone for free. I'm signing up. And I'm very excited about my new phone. That's not getting old, that's being positive about new free stuff!!

I like malls, but don't like bunches of people around me. I never liked it in my life. I'm not getting old, just like my own space.

Cmon Jonathan, you are not getting old!

Kelli said...

Jonathan..I totally relate to most of that post..you calling me old?? Just kidding...sort of!

Jonathan said...

Anne - No, just observations about myself. Any similarities are coincidental, :)


CSG - LG phones are nice phones.

Anne and CSG - I just feel like I am going to be that old guy at the end of the road, you know with a bunch of dogs, cats etc that yell at the kids to get off my damn lawn.

Mummy said...

i hate malls too, far too many people, and i dont do queues. definately cos i am getting old and WISER. tolerance is for the ignorant.

Jonathan said...

Wiser may be the key, been told I was wise but I don't feel it too much. Oh well, we are only as wise as we feel, hehe.

Virginia Belle said...

Chik-fil-a ran out of chicken???!!!

WTF??

i hope you wrote to the appropriate authorities about that. because THAT should be a crime. don't they realize people are physically and psychologically addicted to their delicious chicken???? i mean, they have a responsibility to society!!!

Chicago is very cool. hope you dig it.

LOL at the beard comment, btw.

it's ok jonathan. i'm going to be the weird lady with 23 dogs who bakes cookies for everyone. you can yell at the kids, then they can come to me for cookies. LOL

Jonathan said...

VB- I grow my beard a longer in the winter, gives me some more protection from the cold. Have not trimmed it back yet. Probably will do that when I shave my head later on this year.
The running out of chicken made no sense to me, still doesn't. My friends and have a code word for Chick-Fil-A: crack

Jonathan said...

VB- If I yell at myself to get off my own damn lawn, can I have some cookies also? hehe