Monday, April 23, 2007

nonesuch #297 When you’re on a holiday, you can’t find the words to say

I was able to see an old friend today, PS. He's the one who has been in Jordan and will be in Coventry in the UK for next few years or so. The one I am planning to visit sometime this year if my passport will get hear. I got news from the passport people that it will be to me in 3-4 weeks so the countdown is on. Not really want to make plans like buying tickets or anything but I want to be ready when the time comes. If anyone has any suggestion on things to do off the beaten path let me know. We plan to see Stonehenge(long story for another post), Tower of London, do the Inklings Tour and see Oxford. PS has selected a bunch of pubs and bookshops etc that we must stop in and have a pint or 3. I want to make the most of my stay. Would love to go to Scotland and Ireland, but we shall see. I am excited but at the same time I am anxious about the flight. Have no idea how I will do on that long of a flight. I am antsy on a 1 hour flight, an 8 or so hour flight who knows. Perhaps a few beers will keep me settled but I will not want to get up to go to the bathroom but I know I will have to at some point on the flight. Ok, thinking too much on it. I guess with the reality of my passport on its way, it is hitting me that I will be traveling soon. Any suggestions? Will be in Coventry which I think is an hour or so out of London by train? Correct me if I am wrong.

4 comments:

CrazySpanishGirl said...

Don't forget to stop in Salisbury if you go to Stonehenge. It's a beautiful English town.

Jonathan said...

There is a excavation nearby that they think is related to Stonehenge that has ceremonial building, remnents of sacrfices etc. I really want to go to Greece but I think that will be a seperate trip.

Vi said...

Oooohhhhhh, Jonathan! You gotta come visit me!!!! Do the visits to Cambridge and Oxford, and you'll find me in between!

Jonathan said...

Vi- Will do. When I know more when I will be there and all, I will let you know. Oh my, it just hit me. I am going to Blah! hehe