Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Nonesuch #294

I am in a really bad mood. It's that time of year where I just want to crawl into a hole somewhere and be left alone. Most people see Spring as time to be out and about, picnics, spring cleaning.

I just want to be left alone.

Reading a few blogs today has really set me off. A guy being a scumbag to a great girl and another guy just being snail shit and the only thing lower than that is snail shit on the bottom of pond scum which in reality he is. The second tried to justify his bad decisions into generalizations on men and women. His ideas seemed good at first but they all came back to drives for sex and why he strayed and I think he wanted us to feel sorry for his punishment for staying in his marriage. She "made" him sign a lease on a huge house. No, he signed that himself. Only if she had a gun would she have forced him to do anything. The thing is, he could have left her as easy as she stayed with him and been done with it and he could have had as much sex with whoever he wanted and not have to worry about consequences. And that I think is the bottom line with this guy, he is not taking responsibility for his actions; It's not his fault that women want to fuck him. It's not his fault that he cannot keep his dick in his pants, he is a human driven only by sex. It's not his fault that he signed a lease to a huge house, his wife made him in order for him to stay in the marriage. And Lady, if you are reading this, Kick his ass to the curb. We are all not like this. There are many men who have been in longterm loving relationships that have never cheated on their girlfriends or wives.

Scumbag the first emailed his ex, well not really sure if they totally broke up but they had been seeing each other on and off for years so lets just say they were together. He emailed to tell her that he was seeing someone. Then spent the rest of the email justifying to himself, not to her, that he will always love her and she is great and blah blah blah and it was not her it was him, he was lonely where he was now. Wow, what a coward, cannot even call or say it in person to her. AND then he asks her to be his power of attorney for the selling of his house. What bullshit. She is lucky to have him out of her life.

And why do these upset me so? It makes it that much harder for a nice guy, which I think I am, to meet a great woman. More and more of the girls that I see as potential dates and mates are so jaded, they want to be left alone and are convinced that all guys are players just trying to get a little something something and be on their way.

I am too old for the bullshit. Get off my damn lawn

10 comments:

CrazySpanishGirl said...

great guys always end up with great girls.

But I see your point and understand your bad mood. sorry.

Funny. I must write a bad word in Spanish to be able to post this comment. Hilarious. I love those random letters!

Kelli said...

You are such a good friend Jonathan. I hear you..and Im working on it. Swear.

Jonathan said...

CSG - I dont know if it is the Spring or the end of the semester and I am getting all the stress from the students.
I must know what the bad word is, hehe.

Anne - I know, it is hard. Well, I know it is for me when someone I care about deeply starts treating me like shit. He just doesn't get. And you were not Dumb Anne, you were emotionally involved Anne and that is an forgivable offense in my book. You know where I am if you want/need to talk.

CrazySpanishGirl said...

cojon = testicle.
It's quite an ugly word really. Well, you asked it :)

Jonathan said...

CSG - I had Spanish in high school for 2 years. Had a great teacher that was from Cuba. We kept pestering her about all the dirty/curse words so finally one day she said: "Ok, here they are." She went down the list. We asked and she told but she also said that this would be the last time and it was. And to this day, I do not remember any of them, hehe.

CrazySpanishGirl said...

aren't bad words the first thing you learn when you go to a new country??

PS. I don't like 'McLoser'. Did anyone else tell you so? It may be some language thing I'm missing, but if it means you are calling yourself a loser, then I don't like it. I don't like to think you really believe you are a loser. Come on, you are a great guy! Maybe in the wrong place, you know, wrong place, wrong time... just like me.

Jonathan said...

CSG - I made the following comment as a response to Anne saying the same thing about the title:

I have never blogged about the name change. And no one has figured it out. I have for a long time called myself a loser more as a joke than anything because as you say I am McNot, hehe. Good job, good friends, all I am missing is a girlfriend to share my life but right now that is not in the cards. So that is sort of why the title but there is another reason but I am not telling for now.

Vi said...

that post from Wombat seemed to set quite a few people off! And yeah, JBP is an asswipe.

Thank you for being 'real' Jonathan. Lets hope you are not in the minority.

Jonathan said...

Vi - Thanks. I try to keep it real and sometimes that is all one can do. I hope I am not in the minority but the older I get, the less I believe it to be true.
Yeah, that post really got folks talking and what I wanted to say was much longer than could be called a comment over there so I let it out here.

The Exception said...

Not all great women are jaded. And your friend is right; great guys do find great women - it just takes time.