Saturday, July 28, 2007

nonesuch #332

Just got in from Sally's birthday dinner. There were 12 people there. The food was good. There was a couple there who had just got back from London so I picked their brains for travel tips etc. They told me of a great Italian place called Toto that I will try to go to when I am there. They did not do much outside of London but I think there is so much to do in London itself. But back to the meal, we got the family style which is all you can eat. You choose two items from appetizers, salads, pastas/main dishes and desserts. We had stuffed mushrooms, fried zucchini, two types of salad, lobster ravioli, chicken and spinach manicotti, chicken piccatta ziti and sausage, tiramasu, homemade Profiteroles, and birthday girl got her own Chocolate Zuccotto Cake with candles and a glass of dessert wine.

I was drinking heavily but no flirting. Sorry Joie. Hard to do when it was all couples or mother/daughter and those that would not look you in the eye when talking to you. So I sat back and listened to Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin in the background drinking my Guinness. I think they think I am an asshole but I really don't care. Sally had a good time. She was happy that a good number of folks came tonight. And that is what matters.

2 comments:

Mummy said...

fuck them, they dont sound flirt-worthy anyway.

Jonathan said...

no for the most part they were not so I decided to save my strength for future flirtopportunities hehe When that will be, I have no clue.