Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Nonesuch # 277

Sunday I decided to go to Sonic for my weekly treat to myself. I usually get two meals so I can savor the food over time. I got the extra long coney with fries, a root beer, a chili cheese wrap with fritos and two hot fudge sundaes. I came home and as I was coming up the steps I dropped one of the sundaes. After picking it up and getting all the food inside, I went to lock the door and my key breaks off in the lock. Fortunately I had an extra lock set, so I removed the old set, and tried to install the newer one. It worked but it was flush and only locked really well from the inside. But it did lock on the outside, just not as good as I would have liked it. Yesterday after lunch I went to ACE hardware and picked up a new set and talked to the guys there. They gave me advice on how to work the lock set with an old door. My door is 50+ years old. Sometimes the older doors need more attention that the newer more cookie-cutter doors. The new ACE lockset fits perfect. It locks smoothly on the outside and inside. This new one has a switch on the inside instead of just a key, makes it easier and safer for me. I can tell I will need a new door sometime in the future but for now I am good to go.
And by the way, the chili cheese wrap rocked and I was able to save most of the hot fudge sundae I dropped to enjoy it the next day.
Not much else going on. Went to WalMart thus morning. Tuesday mornings are good to go there. Not many folks except the restockers. WalMart is like Tesco. And for those that don't know, Tesco will be opening a few stores in the States this year. And speaking of Tesco, I am planning a trip to England to see a close friend and his wife. They are at the University of Warwick doing grad school. I am waiting on my passport before getting tickets and setting dates but I hope it will be early summer.

2 comments:

Mummy said...

oh, i so miss Tescos. They do nice dips and ready meals. You will have to try Waitrose when you go to England...the posh Tescos.
Ooo - and you have to have crispy aromatic duck and also scampi ... you have to !! and photograph it for me to kill myself over.

Jonathan said...

I have never been to England and only been out of the States once to go to Canada so I am excited and a bit nervous. I have heard good things about Tesco but never been to one. I really like fish and chips. My little town has a chef from Ireland that makes them every Friday at the resturant he works for. I have had duck, was not crazy about it but since you recommend it, I will give it another try. The latest on my passport situation is 10-15 weeks due to the changes made in them earlier this year. So, not going to make solid plans until I have that in my hands.