Monday, March 26, 2007

Nonesuch #282

Drove up to hillside manor sometime after two a.m.
And talked a little while about the year
I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower,
Makes you talk a little lower about the things you could not show her - Counting Crows


These lyrics been going through my head for the past couple of days. Not really sure why. That and various ABBA songs which makes abbasolutley no sense whatsoever. Worked yesterday, long day. It was in the 80s and the AC was not on in the building. In fact I think the heat was on(its on the street). I had two fans on me, windows open and using cold drinks to keep me cool. It didnt work. Didnt really cool down till I got home. Was so exhausted but then couldnt sleep. Was up around 3 or so but dozed on and off till I had to get ready to go into work.

Not much else has been going on. Like I said in the now famous "Blah Post" I live a boring life. Sometimes exciting things happen but they are very few and far between. Most of the time they are not anything that really needs to be told. Like the hot dog I had yesterday was very good, extra mustard does the trick. Or I made 26th level with my hobbit hunter on lord of the rings online. Does anyone, including me, really care about that?

I commented on a lot of blogs over the weekend, I usually just lurk, never saying anything but something stirred me to reply/comment/delurk. I was trying to be witty, make jokes when appropriate but they now seem all flat when I read what I wrote 24 or 36 hours ago.

I really want a dog. Many friends both in blogland and in real life have new puppies or have adopted rescues. I am thinking of getting a greyhound rescue but where I live does not allow dogs. I have had cats which were fantastic but is just something about a dog. My friend Sally has a great dog, a shepherd lab mix. We hang out when I go visit her, the dog and I that is. He thinks he is a lapdog but I think most labs think that so not really a surprise there.

I really really need a vacation, still want to go to the beach. Still have not gone, been saying that for a few years now. One day, one day.

4 comments:

CrazySpanishGirl said...

yeah, blah happens.

As for the dog, I had one some years ago. It was something I really wanted to do, but then after a couple of years it got tough. You have to make sure you will be able to walk the dog everyday, 3 times a day. Or your dog won't be happy. Thenn think about the holidays...

I'm not trying to discourage you, it's just that it got very hard in my case. Now we have a cat and it's such a great thing to have. She's always there when you get home. And you don't have to walk her in rainy/snowy/superhot days!

Jonathan said...

I had two cats that I have up a few years back. They were great and I plan to have more cats in the future as well as a dog or two and some miniature goats. I am planning to have a big enough and fenced in yard where the goats and dogs will have their own space, sort of like a farm but not so big. I have lived in large cities most of my life, now I live in a small village like area but the house I live in(I rent)does not allow dogs. So, when I can get my own house and yard, then the pets will come. Bottom line, I am lonely and want some companionship.

CrazySpanishGirl said...

miniature goats! cute. No sarcasm intended.

Jonathan said...

Miniature goats are very popular where I live, so they will be easy for me to get once I get my own place. I am think I need 1 male and 1-2 females and I should be set with miniature goats.