Saturday, March 31, 2007

Nonesuch #286

It looks like I am back in the world of iPods. As you all may recall, my iPod stopped working about a year ago. Would not update music, kept asking to update my software, adding one song then asking to start over. I had a good many songs I have got from iTunes and my own cds and other places. I wasnt sure what to do. But, yesterday I purchased an iPod shuffle a 1GB player that holds depending on the size of the songs up to 250 songs. Plus if I set it to random or shuffle, cannot remember which one, when I connect to the computer I will get a random selection of 250 songs for a different set each time. I am in the process of transferring my songs from one computer to the one I built last Fall. So far only 65 songs out of a few thousand but I am using a 1GB thumb drive so can only bring across so many. I am just glad that the songs are transferring.

I did some cleaning this morning and now time to relax.

I know of 2 people getting married today. One I used to babysit many years ago. The other is the cousin of Sally. It will be a nice day for a wedding. I know one of them is outside, only slight chance a shower in the afternoon. Seems we are already in the summer storm mode.

Preparing for my trip to Chicago in a month for a work conference. I have been before but it is being held in a new hotel just 5 min from a Medieval Times resturant which I have wanted go to for years. And I may go see the Cubs play at Fenway even though I am not a baseball fan but come on, chance to see the Cubs at Fenway? And I will stop by the hot dog place I love and now I cannot remember its name and cannot find it searching on'line, if I find it I will add it later. I heard about it on the PBS "show the hot dog program". I just found it, Demon Dogs and it has been shut down. No wonder I couldnt find its website. I guess if anyone has any suggestions for hot dogs or anything else in the Chicago area, let me know.

8 comments:

Random Musings said...

I wish I lived in Chicago we could so meet up and do the baseball game thing.
YOU HAVE TO DO IT, I am not even that big of a baseball fan (Dodgers of coarse) but like you said when will you ever get the chance again?
OHH and lots of pics please!

Jonathan said...

The opportunities to take photos will be minimum but I will see what I can do. If I have my new phone I want by then, I will have a camera with me at all times.

Anonymous said...

Fenway is in Boston. You mean Wrigley Field, I think.

Jonathan said...

Yes, Wrigley. Like I said, not a baseball fan that much.

CrazySpanishGirl said...

I got an IPod nano for Christmas. Love it and hate it.

I love listening to the radio and ipods don't include that feature. Then I refuse to pay 56EUR for that little radio remote thing. THe rest is awesome, of course.

Jonathan said...

Radio is so bad in the US except for the public radio stations. So, I either listen to public radio or books on tape and now once again, an ipod.

Virginia Belle said...

good call on wrigley. that's exactly what i would do.

also, find a chicago-style pizza place. it's good stuff.

i'm assuming you are not all that interested in shopping....so i will refrain from those recommendations. i know how you feel about malls.

i have had my share of ipod frustrations, too. i feel your pain.

Jonathan said...

VB- Does not look like the baseball game will happen. Just the schedule I am on but Medieval Times looks to be a go on the first night I am there. In the past, the conference had a Chicago style pizza buffet but not this year. The hotel is near a stripmall and larger mall(will avoid) but if I see either a hot dog place I have heard about or hear others recommend a pizza place, I will be there.
So far the ipod shuffle is working great(knocks on wood). My last one lasted a year so we shall this time next year. Thats right, didnt you have an ipod problem with the USB ports needing updating?