Sunday, April 02, 2006

Nonesuch #126 Alone vs Lonely

I was lonely long before I was alone. There is a difference. I was lonely even though I was with my ex but she was not near me(two+ hours away). There as email and the phone. Which toward the end neither was used much. Now, I am alone and the loneliness is even worse. At least then I could say that my being alone was temporary, she and I would be together one day(physically) but now I cannot even say that. So, alone I am again, once more, it doesn't feel good. I guess I am a loner, I like my me time but this is just getting to me now. Not sure why. I know I need to get away for a bit, and I plan trips, but I never do them. I just need to plan my trip and go. I am thinking of going to the beach Easter weekend, leaving Thursday after work and head down towards the coast, perhaps Wilmington or somewhere closer, down HWY 52 in SC and the coast. I am already talking myself out of it...its Easter Weekend, it will be crowded. You have to work Easter Sunday evening from 6-10, you will be worn out if you go, no one to go with me...shoot, my ex wouldnt go to the beach and now she lives in the hottest temp area in NC. More 100+ degree days there than anywhere else in NC. Anyway...
I said I would mention DDO sometime in a future post. Well, it it goes. DDO or Dungeons and Dragons Online is just that, an almost flawless recreation of the pen and paper classic to the computer world of multiplayer online gaming. First time I saw it, I was hooked. But there is little good from then on. My computer at home being a dialup took 5 days to download only for it to say I had a corrupt file and to start over. I downloaded it at work, put the file on my iPod to bring home, the iPod was not recognized by my computer. Still havent figured that one out yet. Tried to play it at work, not enough memory in the computer I was using. Ordered the game ahead of time to play in the beta release, couldnt because see above. Then when I got the game, I was sent the wrong one and had to send it back only to have them send it back cause I had opened it. So I ordered it from another store, got it and the real problems started. Dialup is supposedly supported but I have had more problems, had to change settings on my dial up and my video card even though the video card I have is supported. I will be playing the game and I freeze up, cannot go anywhere etc. This usually happens when I am in the middle of a fight with 5 others in a group. I usually die and or am left behind and die trying to get to where the group is now. I have some friends I run with in the game and they have gotten used to it but when I group with others, it is never a good time. Now for the game itself, there is little to no solo material. Now, I know D&D is about groups and adventures but if no one wants to group with me and none of my friends are on and there is no solo material for me to play, I am not playing the game. And, now it has started to become boring. I could go back to WoW, do not see the point. I am tired of it. Played it a year, now I am done. EQ2, I will never play, bad taste in my mouth from EQ1. I am thinking of getting The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the 4th or 5th game in the Daggerfall world, solo in there. Uh...
This is not where I wanted to go when I started this entry. I was talking about how lonely I am and then I want to change to a non multiplayer computer game. Really shows just how mixed up I am. I am missing something in my life, that is what is causing my loneliness. What I am missing I have no clue. And the more I think on it, the less I know at all.


*Update* My computer will not run Oblivion as it is set up now. So, that game is also out of the running.

**Update #2** If anyone has any suggestions for a new computer game I can try out, leave them in the comments area of this post.

No comments: