Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Nonesuch #131 I'm It

Never done one of these before but Léonie tagged everyone that reads her blog so I feel obligated.


What was I doing 10 years ago - Working for CEMA distribution(Capitol Records)Well, we only had a month left, we were all laid off in May of 1996. Just moved into new apartment on other side of the city I was living in. Was looking for a new job, ended up at the temp agency where I landed the job at CEMA. Ended up working for Primestar.
Reunited with a friend from college who had been dating a guy I really didn't like. Saw Sting for the 3rd time. Was getting ready for two close friend's wedding in July of that year.

What was I doing 5 years ago - 4 months on the new job where I am still working today. First real library job after graduate school. Was emailing with the girl who is now my ex. We got together in July of that year. Was looking for a place to move closer to the library. Had an hour commute twice a day and that was getting old.

5 Snacks you enjoy:
peanut butter sandwiches
ice cream (all types)
snickers bars
pringles potato chips
guinness draught

5 Songs (you think) you know by heart
:
Suitcase Calling - Polyphonic Spree
Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies
Army - Ben Folds Five
Quality of Armor - Guided by Voices
Tom Courtenay - Yo La Tengo

5 things you would do with a LOT of money
:
Pay off my and my friend's debts

Buy land for a "farm" and build the house/cabin I have been thinking about for a few years now.

Upgrade to the lastest and best computer on the market. Would buy the parts and build it myself to get exactly what I want.

Get a few dogs and cats and miniature goats for the "farm"(see above)

guinness draught

5 Things you would never wear:
sport coat
short hair(does that count?)
jogging suit
swim suit/trunks
white socks

5 Things you should have never worn:
ripped on purpose stonewashed jeans
boxer shorts on the outside of my jeans(don't ask)
toilet chain for a necklace(you know, that was cool)
sport coat
Winger t-shirt

5 Things you enjoy doing:
Playing video games, both on computer and playstation2
blogging
listening to music
playing D&D
drinking guinness draught

5 Bad Habits you have:
spending too much time surfing the internet
procrastination
I let my house get a bit messy at times
Thinking too much about my life, the past, things I cannot change etc
drinking too much guinness draught(come on, is this really a bad thing?)

5 People you would like to do this:
Anyone that wants to. I am not the boss of you.

4 comments:

Julie Brooks Barbour said...

Oh no. I remember that apartment, and mine. Now we really know how the other half lives.

I'll tag myself and do this as my blogpost tomorrow!

Jonathan said...

Very true. I was tempted to describe that apartment but decided against it for now. Maybe in the future...

Kelli said...

I may steal this one too..I like it..Im not really sure I have a clue what I was doing 5 years ago though..I hope it was something fabulous!

Jonathan said...

I had fun doing it. I think you will has fun doing it as well. Have thought about adding stuff to this one but I guess I should wait till another one comes along.