Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Nonesuch #134

I had a scary dream last night, I guess it is scary but not in the nightmare sense. Just in the, "god, I hope that this never happens in real life" type of way.

I dreamed I was back in college, I was on a huge campus. Guessing maybe it was UNCG but much much larger. I had a backpack on with books in it and I was traveling around campus maybe looking for where my classes were held or something. I was moving fast, not flying, maybe on a skateboard I could not see. I was traveling along and saw my ex's parents sitting on a bench and then I saw her. I sped up, tried to avoid them seeing me, but then I heard her calling my name, asking me to come back. Somehow, no matter how fast I was moving, she caught up with me and kept asking me over and over why I left her. I told her over and over, she knew why. I went to my dorm room and she followed but I was able to lock her out. I then somehow got permission to move to a new room, which was a cabin like place where I was the only person in a large room with bunkbeds. A few friends stopped by and I told them what was up and they said they would help keep my place a secret but sure enough my ex found me again. Then I woke up had a snack, watch some of Conan O'Brien, went back to sleep and wouldnt you know it, the dream picked back up where it had left off....that is all I remember.

Before Conan came on I caught the new Toby Keith song on Jay Leno's show. I just do not know what to say about the song. The song was called "Get Drunk and Be Somebody", and the album is called White Trash with Money. I wanted to change the channel until Conan came on but my remote control is broken so I was stuck(lazy, I know). As I was listening, I said to myself, this is not country music, this is, this is some bastardized Jimmy Buffett ripoff.(apologies to Jimmy Buffet and all Parotheads) Different strokes, I guess.


Proof 1975-2006


I had heard of him with his work with Eminem and D12 but didnt realize his solo debut album was Searching for Jerry Garcia(dropped on August 9. 2005, 10 years after his death). Proof noted, "Despite his genius Jerry Garcia died from drugs, stress, and poor diet. At one time or another we all struggle through one of those things, so in a way, we all have a little Jerry Garcia in us."

No comments: