Monday, April 10, 2006

Nonesuch #132 Monday, Monday

Going to try to write on things I have been meaning to write about but have not for whatever reason.

Who is this man with pecks like melons and knees of fringe?


Sometime ago I bought one of the box sets of Mystery Science Theater 3000, one of my favorite shows of all time. 3 features and Shorts Vol 1 came in this one including:
The Pod People, Angel's Revenge and Cave Dwellers. I can not even count the number of times I have watched Cave Dwellers. I first saw it in '91 or '92 at my college roommate's house over the summer. Of course, a copy was made and was brought back to college for many more viewings. There are so many quotables from the film both from the movie and from the Robots and Joel I am not even sure where I would start listing them.(see above title to this section)Just watching it brings back such good memories of those college days.


I attack the darkness!


A friend of mine that I have known since 7th grade came into town this past weekend. We went to the Car Show in Charlotte. Now, I am not that big into old cars and the like but it is pretty much the only time I can get together with my friend due to schedules etc, so we make a day of it. I did see some cool things at the show and I did come away with two items: sore leg muscles and a sunburn. Also, got all the latest info about what is going on where I spent 3 years: 7th, 8th and 9th grades. Found out that two old friends of mine are now married and I think have 3 kids. It took me offguard, wasn't sure what to think on it. See, the girl and I had "seen" each other back in the day. It really wasn't dating so to speak, we just hung out a lot one summer. Anyway, I realized and said to myself: "Self...a cool guy is with a cool girl and that is awesome." So, there you go.


I'm after Solo
For all I care he could be hiding at Yoda's dojo


New music found over the past week:

Hem: Great cover of R.E.M.'s South Central Rain.

The Glass Family - Check out Swimming in Fiction. Is this what would come from a mix of Wilco and Mecury Rev? Sounds good to me.

mc chris - Anyone that can rap about Boba Fett and get away with it, is ok in my book.

Cursive - Not sure about these guys yet. I do like their song The Martyr, but I feel more listenings are in order.

We only have a month left in this semester. Where has the year gone? I mean, I had plans for this semester, things I wanted to do. Well, thinking on it, I did accomplish much of what I planned to do. I realized a few years back that I plan for too much, get not enough done, but it all comes out in the end. Of course, since October, things just haven't been right with me on many levels. I don't like to put blame on others for the way I feel or act, for any reason, but dammit, my ex really screwed with me. I dont like this feeling, yeah I still have them anger in me, the bitterness. I still have trust issues with people, especially women and that is not a good thing. I am not mad at women, I am mad at one woman and I shouldnt be taking out my frustrations on anyone else but my ex isnt around and I am not going looking for her anytime soon. So, how do I get rid of the bitter and anger? I really do not know...Time you say? Yeah, I guess that time does heal all wounds. Therapy? Perhaps talking to someone objective, a new perspective on the issues could be helpful. I look back and I see patterns that I have repeated in my relationships and I want change. Just do not see anything positive happening on that front. I know I have
said many times on this blog and to my friends that I am done with relationships but I am lonely. We are social animals, we need contact, social interactions with others, postive or negative and sometimes one wants more than a friendship. I just dont know and I think that is the worst, not knowing.

Haven't played DDO much up until yesterday. I had so much fun with it even with all the problems I had with it and then I just stopped. And so did most of our guild. All about the same time. It really makes me wonder about the game. I had fun yesterday but we didnt get much done gamewise. My halfling paladin is well on his way to 3rd level which is always a good thing. And we got some nice items which can only help me get to 3rd level. Really been thinking of taking a break from online gaming for a bit. Guess I need a longer break from it. I just feel really anti-social right now yet I want to be around folks. I hate people but I like gatherings, ironic?

No comments: