Friday, April 14, 2006

Nonesuch #137

I know everyone and their mother has talked about Gnarls Barkley so I will just say, listen to Crazy, rinse, repeat.



Been watching old VCR tapes, DVDs DVDs of TV shows etc more than actually watching TV lately. Last night I watched Jerry Seinfeld's I'm Tell You For The Last Time: Live on Broadway. Would really like to see him live in person. The show was polished and he was hitting on all cylinders, playing off the crowd as he went. Loved the intro, a funeral complete with a whos who of comedians from Alan King to Gary Shandling all surrounding a coffin full of bits of paper with jokes that Seinfeld had written over the years.

Wednesday night I watched Carlin on Campus. Now, George Carlin is perhaps my favorite standup of all time and that is saying a lot in my book. I was a huge Robin Williams fan back in the day and Jonathan Winters still cracks me up with skits he did 40 years ago. Anyway, Carlin was off this night in 1984, maybe it was new material for him but it was just a bad night. Even with him being off, he still carried the house with his observations of every day life including his "Place for My Stuff".

Battlestar Galactica: The miniseries - Need to get a new DVD player but what I have seen, I cannot say enough about the miniseries and the show itself. Damn good writing, damn good acting. And dare I say, better than the original that I loved growing up.

No comments: