Thursday, May 03, 2007

nonesuch #300 Someday there'll be a cure for pain

Seeing CW's clone/twin of course has brought back memories of CW. We did have good times that first year or so. It all went downhill when she started to not like where I work. Its hard to keep a relationship going when you are not getting support with the very thing that is paying the bills and on top of it all was your dream job for years and now you are doing it. I always supported what she wanted to do from this job to that one to another one back around to another. If it sounds strange it was. She once commented that she gets bored easily and when she does she moves on. I wonder now if she meant jobs or men or both. Yeah, both.

Classes ended yesterday, exams start tomorrow. I work exams hours tonight, just an extra hour but that extra hour can really get to you. And I work Sunday evening for a few hours since my co-worker worked for me exam weekend back in December. Its the way we roll, hehe. All the extra hours we work, it all works out. The end of the semester came too quick. Where does the time go. I had things I wanted to do, did some of them but not all. Still waiting on passport so may or may not go to England this summer. Maybe in the Fall or during winter break in December. My parents might not like that but I tell ya, I have been saying since 1989 "I am looking for a dare to be great situation..." and just when I think one has come along, it dissolves away not immediately but over time, slowly until I realize, "huh, where did that go?" So, as I get older I am going to try to take more opportunities. I have said that before, I am not holding my breath so no one else should.

The trip to Chicago gave me the travel bug again but then I remember I am not crazy about flying. It is just so convenient.

I will be posting some lotro screenshots as early as this evening. Really depends on how much is going on when I get into work. It is reading day so it may be very quiet. We also have a breakfast at 9pm on reading day where faculty and staff serve the students pancakes etc. I also will be posting some pictures from Chicago.

4 comments:

CrazySpanishGirl said...

I love your 'dare to be great situation' label. Go for it!

Jonathan said...

Its from Say Anything with Ione Skye and John Cusack.

CrazySpanishGirl said...

I haven't seen it. But 'In your eyes' was our prom song. We don't have prom in Spain, but I spent my senior year in Cleveland, so I got my prom!

Jonathan said...

It is a great movie. I think it really captures the teenage love/relationship about as good as any of the John Hughes films of the 80s(Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles Breakfast Club).