Monday, May 14, 2007

Nonesuch #307

Got this from Vi.

Four words to describe you?

intelligent, nerd, loyal, witty

Do you bottle it up or let it all hang out?

Both. Really depends on what it is. I do tend to let it hang out a bit too much. My friends still bug me about a night I wanted/needed to talk and kept them up after a long session of D&D with a constant "hey guys, what do you want to know about A?" So, I have to watch when and where what and how much I say and wear on my sleeve.

Is the glass half-empty or half-full?

I really don't know most days. It goes back and forth depending in the minute but overall I would say half full.


What music do you listen to when you're feeling down?

Neil Young, Yo La Tengo, Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Morphine, Ben Folds depends on the song really. I listened to a lot of all of these artists when I broke it off with CW.

If you could nominate an eighth deadly sin, what would it be?

No clue.

Religious, spiritual, humanist or none of the above?

Once in college my friends were arguing over how old the earth is. Was it 10,000 years old or millions of millions of years old. They asked me and I said " The earth is 22 years old cause that is all I know of it." Not sure what that makes me. Been interested in Buddhism which I see as spiritual but at the same time I have doubts as to if there is some supreme being watching over everything.

Do you ever spend longer than strictly necessary in front of the mirror?

Mirrors suck. I have one in the bathroom to make sure my teeth are clean after I brush.

When did you last really get angry?

October 2005. When CW fucked a sailor while at the same time planning our wedding. Bitter? No, not at all, hehe.

What's your biggest regret?

Another I don't know. I really have let things happen as they happen knowing that whatever comes my way I will be ok eventually. I regret not ending relationships earlier and letting people run over me but at the same time I stayed for a reason. Even they made me who I am today even if they used me and left me out to dry.

What are you most proud of?

I found a career that I enjoy not just a job that pays the bills. I enjoy what I do and just happen to get paid for doing it.

What's the biggest difference between men and women?

Women are more social for the most part than men. Men are happy sitting in front of the tv scratching themselves while women like to talk about their day, who did what or said what. This is not universal. Sometimes, men talk batting averages or what level their D&D character is, depending, on well you know.

If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?

I wish I was more organized. Folks that know me know exactly what I am talking about.

What makes you laugh?

Just about everything. "I'm the kind of guy that laughs at a funeral, don't understand well you soon will" Well, mostly myself. I come up with some nutty things in my head. Sometimes the only thing left to do is smile smile smile.

When was the last time you cried?

December 2005

How do you deal with rejection?

Rejection hurts me. Think it is an only child thing. I want people to like me and when someone does not or stops I feel like I am a failure/loser.

What is your ultimate ambition?

Don't think I have an ultimate ambition. I would like my own house and a few acres so I can have dogs and cats and raise miniature goats. Is that the ultimate? Just not sure. I don't want to be alone the rest of my life. The older I get the less likely I will find a nice girl to share our lives. It was hard enough for me when there was a pool to choose from but now where I live there just isn't many available date-able women. oh well. I was told recently to dream big, I'm tired of dreaming. I want to be doing, being.

5 comments:

Vi said...

That's great that you found a career that you love. I can never understand how people can stay in a job that they hate.

Geez, I hope it wasn't my sailor she got off with! lol

Jonathan said...

It is so easy for folks to get stuck in dead end jobs and the next thing they know 20 years have gone by. I was lucky.

I doubt it was the same sailor. From what I can tell, Chief is a straight up guy. That man was a slick talker and if I remember, he was Italian. BUT, I am not mad at him, he more than likely didn't know about me or that she was engaged.

CrazySpanishGirl said...

I love that you love your job!
And I love the fact that you mention your the cat, dog, and miniature goats everytime you have the chance. Lovely.

funny sparky said...

Never give up on finding the girl for you, there's someone out there for everyone, just have to wait and see when they pop up and reveal themselves!

Jonathan said...

funny sparky - I used to think that but not so much anymore. Some people are just meant to be alone. I'm afraid I am one of them.