Sunday, May 06, 2007

nonesuch #304 but all i've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you

Weekends were made for Guinness

Long weekend for me, didnt do much but it feels like it has dragged on forever. Not that that is really bad but its not that good at least for me. I am working this evening, only 3 more hours to go. Longer hours due to exam time. Had one student ask if we could stay open all night, if so, he would be here studying.
Yesterday went to a surprise 25th anniversary party for my supervisor and his wife. It had been planned for over 3 months and they had no clue so the looks on their faces were priceless when they showed up at the place. I have a picture of the cake and I may post it later this evening of I have time. The food was good, it was a potluck. There was bojanlges and KFC(I did a taste test), mac and cheese, pigs in a blanket. I brought my apple dumplings which I know he really likes and it was gone in no time. Barely had to wash the pan out, it even looked like it had been licked clean. I had some cherry poundcake made with cherry wine, oh may it was so good.
His oldest daughter put together a video to celebrate her parents, with pictures going back to their college days, their wedding, and her brothers and sisters growing up. It was well done. My supervisor came close to breaking down at least 3 times during their speech. It was really nice.
Played some lotro. Made 20th, and made over 200 silver which is pretty good for a few hours running around. I was able to purchase the good 20th level skills and a most of the skills I had not been able to buy at the lower levels.
Went by Sonic before coming into work. Got the sonic cheeseburger without lettuce or tomatoes with fries and vanilla dr pepper.

**update** cake pictures posted

7 comments:

Kelli said...

I like the new blog title..and I like the new tag. I think its funny..and I can see you saying it. :)

Umm..apple dumplings. That sounds so good. With a side of that cake. Yum. I dont know about that wine cake though.

Jonathan said...

Yeah, I found myself ending some of my posts with it so I figured it fits so why not.
I didnt get any pictures of the dumplings. They are a recipe made up of a couple I had read with a few ingredients of my own. Maybe I should post the recipe. I do have some in the freezer ready to make so I can take pictures for you to see.

Jonathan said...

Oh the wine cake tasted just like Cherry soda, no wine taste at all.

Vi said...

Vanilla Dr Pepper? What, is that like, vanilla cherry flavour?

CrazySpanishGirl said...

I hated Dr Pepper. I never understood why people like it. Just like root beer. I guess it's a totally american taste and you get used to it from childhood. I mean really, I thought they tasted awfull!

Jonathan said...

Vi - Hard to describe the vanilla dr pepper. Sonic mixes it, blends it or however they do it themselves so it tastes better than the cherry vanilla that dr pepper puts out. The vanilla takes the edge off of it which I like but it tastes so good with the vanilla added I am not sure if I just want it plain anymore.

CSG - It is a required taste both dr pepper and root beer. I liked root beer before dr pepper. Watch for a post about my Dad'd favorite soda and the story of his first taste.

Mummy said...

wow, youve gone green.

cool party, reminded me of my folks ruby anniv recently, although the speeches were shit (me and my bro!) the cake was suitcases. i shd post the pic actually.

apple dumplings sounded fab. post the recipe pls.