Tuesday, May 22, 2007

nonesuch # 310

Yesterday I visited my friend Eoh, the one who her and her roommate had the swap meet and greet in February. Her birthday is at the end of the month but she will be in England with her boyfriend at that time and I wanted to do something for her before she left. Back in our college days she gave me a copy of Illusions by Richard Bach, the author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Earlier this year, during our book-sale I found a hardback copy so I knew she would like it. We sat and talked, caught up. Its funny, some folks it does not matter how much time goes by. You can just pick up right where you left off 3 months ago or 3 years ago. She plans to move to England in the near future. I will miss her just knowing that she will not be just down the road. We do not see each other as often as we could. She is planning to come visit me in June and her and her roommate are having a cookout in July that I plan to go to.

As for my trip to England, it will be awhile before I am able to go. Some of the arrangements fell through but it only be a matter of time before I will know what my plans are for sure. If and when Eoh does move, I will have at least 2 places I may be able to stay in England and maybe more. Just not sure right now, will keep you all informed.

Need to go lawnmower shopping. Have one in mind but it does not look like the shed I want is available anymore. I may be able to make a special order. We shall see. I am going to try to go this afternoon and check things out. It depends on how I feel. I am sore all over and not sure why. I think it may be from sleeping on the couch and not in a bed. I really need a new bed.

I went to Jin Jin last night. (see previous post). I got Chicken Teryaki, chinese chicken wings and french fries. It was all good and I have plenty leftover for lunch today. And speaking of Taco Bell, they are close to putting on the roof at the new Taco Bell/KFC just done the road. They have started landscaping so pretty soon they will have the "for hire" signs up as well. Not the best food if on a diet but the variety is what I am looking forward to.

Heroes finale was last night but I fell asleep and missed it. But, they posted it online so I hope to watch it later today. I have heard rumors about happened but nothing solid. The 24 finale was last night as well. I didn't watch it but I saw a recap this morning. Somewhere along the way, I think the show lost its way this year. I am not even sure when it happened, I just began to care less and less. And what have they done to Chloe? I think that is what really pushed me away the most. She just was not Chloe this season and last night we found out why. No spoilers for those that did not watch or read a recap and want to know.

Get off my damn lawn

4 comments:

Julie Brooks Barbour said...

Heroes was great last night. You have to watch it!

Jonathan said...

Oh I planned to. If I thought I could get away with it at work I would watch it here but I can watch it when I get home and hopefully I can stay away from spoiler sites or television without pity so I can be surprised. I have some ideas about what happened but as the show has in the past, it will probably surprise me.

Julie Brooks Barbour said...

It surprised me. Don't read anything about it!

Jonathan said...

Julie - You were so right. So glad I waited and didn't read anything online. Great ending to this chapter and it actually gave us more questions but still left me satisfied. Will be getting the DVD set in August for sure.