Saturday, May 12, 2007

Nonesuch #306 rock rock rock, the telephone rock

Been on the phone since 1pm(it is just after 4pm here) trying to cancel my old cell phone service. I also called this morning before graduation, was on hold for an hour, never talked to anyone. After graduation I went to the Sprint store near me. They couldn't disconnect me but they let me use their phone. Was on hold for another hour on two lines trying to talk to someone. Finally just left. The store people were great. One even said we know our customer service center sucks. I said you guys are great. They didn't have to call from there for me.

In the past hour have talked to 4 different people, two of which I got disconnected from. Finally talked to someone who could disconnect me and they tried to talk me out of it.

I told them: "I have been on the phone 3 hours trying to cancel and you want to know why I am canceling?"

She tried to sell me another phone, lower my bill, etc etc.

and I said: "It was your company's spam calls trying to get me to add another line after telling you several times that I did not need another phone. I asked to have the calls stopped; your customer service said they had no control over those calls. That was when I decided to cancel."

She tried to interrupt but I continued.

"I was in a sprint store today when a customer came in complaining that a sells person had given them wrong information about a discount and mail-in rebate on a phone, then had mailed them a phone whose cell number was associated with a person in Alabama. They got charged for a 5th phone when all they wanted was 4 since the last one was to be an upgrade. It turned out that the rebate and discount this sells person made to them does not even exist. And you want to know why I do not want your service anymore?"

She disconnected me and will send my final bill. What should have took 5 minutes took going on 4 hours. And you know, they are #1? #1 in the worst customer service, period. Not just cell phone, but across the board.


(I decided not to say what company this is but if enough people ask, I will post it.)
It has come to my attention that I mention the company name several times in the post so you all know anyway.


Anyway, time for me to get something to eat.

Get off my damn lawn.

No comments: