Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nonesuch #164 Westley, what about the R.O.U.S.'s?


photo by dragonflysky

They have escaped the dreaded Fire Swamp! This one was spotted in downtown Greensboro, NC. No harm was caused to the photographer.

Buttercup: We'll never survive.
Westley: Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.

[after Westley rescues her from the lightning quicksand]
Buttercup: We'll never succeed. We may as well die here.
Westley: No, no. We have already succeeded. I mean, what are the three terrors of the Fire Swamp? One, the flame spurt - no problem. There's a popping sound preceding each; we can avoid that. Two, the lightning sand, which you were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future we can avoid that too.
Buttercup: Westley, what about the R.O.U.S.'s?
Westley: Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.
[Immediately, an R.O.U.S. attacks him]


I guess you could call this part 2 in the rodent series.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I freaking love that movie. You may have inspired me to go watch it right now.

Jonathan said...

Back in my college years, for awhile I watched it everyday. We even had parties where everyone in the room would recite lines sort of like "Rocky Horror Picture Show". Fun times.

Jonathan said...

It is on my list to get as soon as I can. I have it on VCR tape and DVD already but this new collection looks too good to miss.