Sunday, June 25, 2006

Nonesuch #169

I am at a friend's house. Going with her to the doctor tomorrow to check on whether the cervical cancer is gone. I know she is worried about that but right now I am not too pleased with her. She has a new boyfriend, she hasnt called him that yet but it is obvious. No matter what she says, he was not pleased that I am here. Of course, I really dont know that but sometimes you can just tell. Plus I have been in this situation. Its not that I am not happy that she found a nice guy. I was the third wheel, a flat one at that. We went to see X-men, dont get me started on that. Movie pissed me off. Then we get back to her place, she hands me the remote control and they go to her bedroom. Hour and a half later, I go to the room I stay in. Put the sheets on the bed, check email and the blogs and so here I am. Maybe I am jealous, I dont know. Maybe I am pissed that she can find someone quicker after her break up than I. Is it that woman are the ones asked out that makes it so simple sounding or looking? And you know it is not jealousy, it is borderline rudeness, if not out and out bad manners. Maybe I am over-reacting, maybe I just want to be treated right by my friends. You know, tomorrow she will be thanking me for being such a good friend and I am. I know that. I dont even know what else to say.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Im sorry Jonathan..that is not very cool of her at all. I hate that feeling. I know when people come to my house I go out of my way to make them feel comfortable..she should have too. Hopefully her mind is just in a wierd place because of today..ya know? Andhopefully she will get good news and go back to being a good friend.

Hope that everything goes well.

Jonathan said...

She started the apologies by text message this morning. She is convinced that I am upset at her. At least she realizes that she was off. I wouldnt say what she did was wrong. I mean when you want to spend time with your significant other thats cool with me. It is just the way she went about it. Anyway, I told her that she had other things to worry about whether I was upset with her or not. Her appointment is this afternoon. Thanks for the good thoughts. Will pass them on to her.b

Stu said...

Hi,

Sorry to do this in comments, but your email address doesn't seem to be listed.

Chuck (from MagMan comments) had the idea of putting together donations to the ASPCA in honor of Blaze's safe return. He's asked me to be the point person for collecting donations (so they all get put together and given as one big gift)... If you're into it, send me mail: stumark@verizon.net

Thanks,

Stu