Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nonesuch #165

I want a vacation.
I want a break from the day to day.
I want to go where it is not so hot.
I want to be able to sleep all night without waking up every 3 hrs.
I want to travel to Coventry, England to see my friends.
I want to be able to play D&D 2-3 nights a week.
I want a cold drink of water, lots of ice.

"Cause, what the world needs now
are some true words of wisdom
like La La La La La"

Randomness day. It is so hot and so quiet here at work. Summer is very slow and today is no different. It is 95 or so outside and the AC is just not cutting it. I am drinking a cold diet pepsi. It is helping. The latest cans have the superman symbol on them advertising for the new movie. I am interested to see how it is. Was a big fan of the first two Christopher Reeve movies back in the '70s.

Please keep my friend Sally in your thoughts. She is going to the doctor's Monday to see if the cervical cancer is gone.


"you
soft and only
you
lost and lonely
you
strange as angels
dancing in the deepest oceans
twisting in the water
you're just like a dream...
you're just like a dream..."

Summer Soundtrack
Since my ipod is still not working just going to be a list of songs that remind me of summer days gone by:

Range Life - Pavement
The Bends - Radiohead
Mysterious Ways - U2
Peace Frog/Blue Sunday - The Doors
Europe '72 [LIVE] - Grateful Dead
Quality of Armor - Guided by Voices
100% - Sonic Youth
Teenage Wasteland - The Who
Whatcha Want? - Beastie Boys
Don't Follow - Alice in Chains
Just Like Heaven - The Cure
Porch - Pearl Jam
Tangled Up in Blue - Bob Dylan
And I guess that's why they call it the blues - Elton John
Mr Roboto - Styx
When Doves Cry - Prince
Cortez the Killer - Neil Young
Message in a Bottle - The Police/Sting
Tommy the Cat - Primus
Tom Courtenay - Yo La Tengo
The White Album - The Beatles
Wild Horses - Old and in the Way
16/16 - Dave Grisman
Going Down the Road Feeling Bad - Doc Watson
Do You Realize - Flaming Lips
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies
Cactus - Pixies
Modern World - The Modern Lovers
Philosophy - Ben Folds Five

*Update Summer Songs continued...
Scenes From An Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel
Skylarking - XTC
#41- Dave Matthews Band
A Pirate Looks at 40 - Jimmy Buffett

If anyone has any summer songs to add to the list, post them in the comments section and I will add them to the list.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh vacation...I want a vacation so bad. I want to go somewhere in the mountains or on a lake and rent a cabin and soak up scenery.

*sigh*

But that aint happen anytime soon.

Jonathan said...

I've been planning a beach trip for going on two years, its never happened.

My parents live in the NC mountains. It is always good to see them but when I think of vacation, I don't really want to go there.

Just need a change of scenery. And like you said, aint happen anytime soon.