Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Nonesuch #179

I was requested to make post #179 so here it is. You know who you are. :)
Not much has been going on since my last post. Mostly been worn out from the heat even when it cooled down some over the weekened, I was still worn out. Cleaned up some as I thought I was getting high speed cable connection at home. But after four days or run around they finally told me that it would not cost $49.95, but closer to $65 or higher and then they could not find the town I lived in in their service area. They said I was in the Greensboro area a good hour away. They asked if I wanted the number there and know that I was not in the Greensboro area(I worked for this company in the Greensboro area 10 years ago) I said no thanks and begin to look for more options. Found out that my local phone company offers DSL where I live. I signed up and wil be getting local and long distance and DSL service for around $50. I get all the stuff Thursday and should be up and running by that evening. Took half of my Monday to get that settled. It was a slow day at work so I had the time.
Today I went to the eye doctor. They have been testing me to see if I have glaucoma for the past 2 years. I have several aunts and uncles that have it so it is close in my family on both sides. I am borderline so my doctor wants to keep me under watch. He did find a sty on my right eye so I have medicine for that. Drops to put in my eyes twice a day. Came home with Arby's roast beef sandwiches and their new orange creme swirl shake which was very good.
And now it is time for a nap. I am worn out from my day at the eye doctor's.

I have been planning a post on diet sodas I have tried. I am trying to find one I can drink regularly. I wil attempt to list the ones I have tried. If anyone has any suggestions, put them in the comments section and I will see if it is available near me.

Diet coke - regular
diet coke -splenda
coke zero
Pepsi one
diet pepsi
diet Mt Dew
diet cheerwine
diet sundrop
diet minute maid lemonade
diet sprite
Sierra Mist free
diet sunkist
tab(its been some years but I still tried it)
diet dr pepper

I like the diet dr pepper and diet pepsi. But I know there are many more I have not tried. Please send me some suggestions.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

:) I feel so special..pesky..but special..

Hmm..an orange cream shake sounds fabulous..

Okay diet drinks..These are the ones I drink-

1. Diet Dr Pepper and Diet Cherry
DP
2. Diet Pepsi and Diet Cherry Pepsi
3. Diet Mt. Dew (this one is new to me and its growing on me)
4. Peach/citrus Fresca (not the berry kind..its gross)
5. Diet Minute Maid Lemonade. (This is really good..the other kinds are not but I really like the lemonade - only 5 cals a can)

I mainly drink tea or propel though. I have a hard time drinking water because my taste buds are all screwy because of the chemo..so its better if I have something with flavor. Propel is really good..but not mango..

And yeah..I cant get on the slenda bandwagon. Im a sweet n low / nutrasweet kinda gal. But I heard it gives you cancer. :-)

Holy crap..I think I just posted an entire post in your comment section! Oh well..that will teach you to go a few days without posting!

Be sure to let us know whichdrinks you think are good.

Jonathan said...

My first guest poster! I forgot to mention diet ginger ale which I have not tried, yet. Thanks for the suggestions. Tried Propel once, didnt really like it. Which flavor(s) do you recommend?

Kelli said...

I havent tried the diet ginger ale either! I have tried diet cherry 7up and I like it..its really good if you mix it with some sangria and fruit and make sangria punch. (my mouth just watered..yumm)

I like berry propel and grape..the only one ive tried that I really didnt like was mango. I have a friend that really likes the lemon but I have been afraid to commit to a 6pack..it sounds wierd to me.

Wow..this is apparently an important topic to me huh?

Jonathan said...

I tried the lemon, didn't like it at all Have been afraid to try any of the other flavors since. Will have to try the grape. Forgot about the diet cherry 7-up also. I like the regular.
I really like soda, but the regular ones are just adding to what beerbelly I developed after college. So, I am trying to find a diet soda I can drink regularly. Maybe that is the trick, to switch to diet soda only and never find one you like so you are not drinking soda much in the first place.